Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2003 Yam R6 which has been fitted with a CYCLELOK ALARM. When I bought the bike second hand I didn't get a manual for the alarm and therefore don't know/can't disable the alarm when working on the bike. The battery is now dead (my fault) over the winter period, and I can't disable the alarm to change the battery. Ever time I disconnect the old battery the alarm goes off.
Does anyone have a copy of the user manual to this alarm, or any suggestions. There must be some kind of sequence ya use the buttons on the key fob or something. I really would appreciate any help. :dunce::secret:toocool::toocool:

·
best used over 10,000rpm
269 Posts
Inside the alarm box itself will be a 9v battery, thats whats giving it power when you disconnect the main battery for the bike, if you unplug this the alarm will go dead, but the bike wont start either.

If it was my bike, id have the alarm taken off, there more trouble than there worth, my 99 R6 had a meta alarm, i couldent get the thing off fast enough, going off whenever it liked, not disabling, all things like that.

I paid £30 to have the alarm removed on that one.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Don't know if this will help but I`ve got a Veto Evo on my 2001 with 2 buttons on the key fob. The circle arms / disarms the alarm (normal everyday use). The second button is a triangle - you use the to put it into Valet mode where you can work on the bike without the alarm going off. You have to dis-arm using by pressing the circle, put the key in the ignition and turn as though you were going to start the engine but don't hit the starter. Next press and hold the triangle until the alarm beeps once then turn the key to the off position. The alarm is now in valet mode and you can do whatever you want to the bike.

Like I said I don't know if that helps but if your key fob has two buttons you could try that same process - may work / may not.

Failing that just email the manufacturers - they should help you out

·
Registered
3 Posts
i have a 53 reg R6 with a dodgy alarm that would not stop going off.....so i cut the alarm cable and it stopped!......unfortunately it wont start now!! Please help.....ive been quoted £1000 to have a new key set etc.....this seems ridiculous for a bike worth £2000.

·
best used over 10,000rpm
269 Posts
i have a 53 reg R6 with a dodgy alarm that would not stop going off.....so i cut the alarm cable and it stopped!......unfortunately it wont start now!! Please help.....ive been quoted £1000 to have a new key set etc.....this seems ridiculous for a bike worth £2000.
You need to have the alarm removed, but will need to join all the wires together so you can start the bike.

I paid an auto electrian to do it, some will come to your house, put will charge extra for that, try yell.com, then give a few of them a call, see what they will charge.

·
Registered
3 Posts
thanks for the tip....ive called a few and they all reckon they can fix it by joining up some wires!....sounds simple.....does anyone know the going rate for this work? hopefully it will be less than the £1000 quoted for a new key set etc.

·
best used over 10,000rpm
269 Posts
thanks for the tip....ive called a few and they all reckon they can fix it by joining up some wires!....sounds simple.....does anyone know the going rate for this work? hopefully it will be less than the £1000 quoted for a new key set etc.

Should be no more than £100.
The datatool alarm i had, needed 2 wires bypassing, one for the fuelpump, the other for the ignition, different alarms will need more or even less than that, but a good auto electrian will have no problems with it.

I only paid £30 to have it taken off my R6, but the fairing was off already and the tank, so easy access for the guy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts