Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Checked ground and it is good. I haven't messed with the machine in a while now. Where is the cdi located on these?
Let me rephrase, the ecu. The ignition is controlled by the ecu.

It's very rare for one to fail though.

Also, if you haven't verified the fuel pressure, I'd definitely do that.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Let me rephrase, the ecu. The ignition is controlled by the ecu.

It's very rare for one to fail though.

Also, if you haven't verified the fuel pressure, I'd definitely do that.
I swapped the ecu from my other 06 r6, no change

·
Registered
115 Posts
Leakdown is good, you say you have fire, last thing is the injector me thinks, not the injector itself, but harness side. Ohm the harness to the ecu and to ground, also check for voltage on it when you try to start. Maybe you have a bad sub harness or something rubbed in the main harness. If everything else is good, that's about all that's left.

Also, verify fuel pressure.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Leakdown is good, you say you have fire, last thing is the injector me thinks, not the injector itself, but harness side. Ohm the harness to the ecu and to ground, also check for voltage on it when you try to start. Maybe you have a bad sub harness or something rubbed in the main harness. If everything else is good, that's about all that's left.

Also, verify fuel pressure.
I did ohm out the wires from the injector to the ecu, and ohmed out grounds. Seems fine. I think I'd just like to sell the bike, but not sure what kind of number to put on it.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I did ohm out the wires from the injector to the ecu, and ohmed out grounds. Seems fine. I think I'd just like to sell the bike, but not sure what kind of number to put on it.
It's definitely worth more popping on 4 than it is running like hammered poo. You could try letting her go for 3k but you'll be leaving money on the table.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
May be worth letting an older mechanic figure it out.
Two heads are better than one; a fresh set of eyes with a new perspective.

• Air/Timing/Compression
  • Spark
  • Fuel

In daylight, spark plugs don't always ignite in a manner that can be seen.
Do you have a video of it running?
Have the throttle bodies been synchronized?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
May be worth letting an older mechanic figure it out.
Two heads are better than one; a fresh set of eyes with a new perspective.

• Air/Timing/Compression
  • Spark
  • Fuel

In daylight, spark plugs don't always ignite in a manner that can be seen.
Do you have a video of it running?
Have the throttle bodies been synchronized?
I'm not sure on the synchronization. People were busting my balls on the r6 Facebook group offering 500-900 I said no way...

Sounds like I have someone coming on Friday for $2,500. I'll take the bit of profit and move on, and keep riding my trouble free r6, haha.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I'm not sure on the synchronization. People were busting my balls on the r6 Facebook group offering 500-900 I said no way...

Sounds like I have someone coming on Friday for $2,500. I'll take the bit of profit and move on, and keep riding my trouble free r6, haha.
$2,500 is more than fair. The person buying the thing is getting some love.

You're leaving money on the table with it, but, like you say, it gets rid of the headache.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
If I were that person, agreeing on 2500, I'd arrive with a plan to negotiate down for everything that wasn't put back together right. I spent many hours mapping wires, planning, extending, cutting, crimping, soldering, wrapping and installing pluggable harnesses in the rear end as the original owner used a bunch of twisties and electrical caps on their so-called fender delete; everything back there now prestine and factory-like. (actually better because I combined a few harnesses)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Well boys, I way overthought it I guess. I did swap plugs around before and it didn't seem to change anything. Just put all new plugs in it and it runs great... wow do I feel like an idiot.

I will still be selling the bike if anyone here is interested. I'm located in northern wi. No problem shipping it either if anyone wanted to arrange it.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Well boys, I way overthought it I guess. I did swap plugs around before and it didn't seem to change anything. Just put all new plugs in it and it runs great... wow do I feel like an idiot.

I will still be selling the bike if anyone here is interested. I'm located in northern wi. No problem shipping it either if anyone wanted to arrange it.
Thought you had a buyer lined up for 2500 bro?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Thought you had a buyer lined up for 2500 bro?
I had done a wet compression test, and never cranked it over again before reinstalling plugs and I fouled out the plugs. He wanted to see it run if he was going to buy it. So I put new plugs in and it runs fine now. I told him and I'm waiting to hear back. Not going to let it go for 2500 now that it runs fine!

21 - 32 of 32 Posts