Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im not sure if there are any posts about this becasue i have been looking for 2 days and havent seen any. Anyways i just bought a D&D black satin slip on for my 02 R6. Its the new D&D race pac edition that only has 1 baffle instead of 2. However its still not loud like i want it to be. The cops are cool with me and dont care what i do so i want to make it louder. my buddy told me to pop the rivots and remove the baffle but my father told me that it will ruin my valves because nothing there to help cool it and to help with the back pressure. im new with bikes and want to know if anyone thinks its a good idea to remove the baffle or bad idea. and if its good and wotn hurt the bike how do i remove the baffle. i know im new so if this is a stupid post please forgive me but any advice will be greatly appreciated. im low on funds right now. thanks guys.

·
I m starting to eat my R6
790 Posts
sorry cant answer your q technically enough but, I have heard running straight pipes is never a good idea for the motor....

i think there are some options for u (each point is a complete solution)

1. u may cut the D&D pipe to make it shorter. it would make it louder.
2. buy racefit (i hope it is still $800 but might be more... u'd be lucky to find a used one)
3. check out MIVV GP slipon if they make it for your year bike... it is under $400 and it is loud
4. check out Graves GP slipon, i think it should be loud as well

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thanks. now if i decided to cut the pipe how would i go about doing this? and do i need to pop the rivots out and if so how would i do that. like i said im new to the bike world. thanks for any and all help.

·
MACGYVER 05 R6 NJ
4,033 Posts
Use a drill bit to take the heads off the rivit. I used a 1/8 for my devil pipe. cut the back of the pipe not the exhaust out side. There will be a retaining ring with an O ring at the end of the pipe you will need to reinstall after you cut the pipe down. I cut out about 6 inches off.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts