Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Yep. You can hear a D&D for miles away. Very loud and pretty annoying unless you lay off the RPM's.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have a D&D. Yes its VERY loud. The majority of people do not like D&D pipes because, to them, they sound annoying. I personally like the sound of my pipe. However, I do like other pipes better. Jardine RT-1 (race baffle), devil sb2, micron to name a few.

The pipe is pretty inexpensive but I've had mine on there for many many miles and there are no signs of rust or corrosion anywhere. Its carbon fiber but on the midpipe its still shiny as hell.

I ride with a helmet on and its still pretty fuckin loud. I had a buddy do a 150 fly by on it and it sounded like a fuckin indy car. I kid you not. I'll prolly get shit for this but thats what it sounded like. Anyways, just stay in high gear around cops and dont get on it when theyre around. :cheers

·
Registered
487 Posts
Yea, I've got a D&D on my 02 R6. It is pretty freaking loud, but I have had many complements (one yesterday from my local dealership)

And yes it does sound like an Indy car...and being an Indy car and F1 fan Im kind of partial to it...

Though i would like a nice Devil highmount soon :flame

1 - 5 of 5 Posts