Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which would you guys prefer quality wise and looks wise? I looked at some of Dainese's stuff and it looks REALLY nice. How is their reputation? What about the rest?

·
Registered
531 Posts
I recommend Alpinestars.
I've got a TZ1 2-piece suit in blue (see below) I've been very happy with as far as quality & looks goes.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Dainese is top notch. Alpinestars is also good. Those would be my top two choices. There are other good brands out there, but for me, I'd probably stick to those two.

·
Registered
504 Posts
If I had the cash alpinestars, but since I don't Joe Rocket and Icon are holding together well for me.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Dainese would be my pick....but you can't go wrong with A-Stars either....All the GP boys either wear A-Stars or Dainese, so if it's good enough to cover their asses then it's good enough for mine.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well you can't get alot of JR stuff (can't find black blaster boots), I personally think JR looks best plus their jacket saved my collar bone.

Just my opinion.

·
I ride her hard!!!
195 Posts
Dainese all the way!!

I've got the Dainese Mako jacket, and I must say the quality and style of the jacket is outstanding. I spoke to a guy in line in the Cycle Gear tent at Laguna Seca this weekend. He said he has five suits, two Spidi, and three Dainese. I asked him what he perfered over the other, and he said if he ever went down, he would rather be wearing Dainese.

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
those brands are one of the best. if you got the cash in my opinion go with dainese.

Ed said:
Joe Rocket is good, but I hear Joe Rocket Textiles is horrible. It'll rip apart on impact.
you get what you pay for. as far as joe rocket mesh jackets is concerned i hear its up there with other mesh/textile jackets. never did see anyother brand hold up any better. in other words get leather.

·
Registered
728 Posts
The real question is "How much am I willing to spend?" Like Ed said, Dainese is NOTCH, AStars is up there too. Excellent quality comes at a price. I have a AStars T-Stunt jacket and a Dainese leather jacket that my homie gave me because it was too big for him(woohoo, free Dainese jacket!).

My friend had a mesh JR jacket, and his shit ripped apart when he low sided. He was okay, but his bike/jacket was fubared.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Big-Nipper said:
Which would you guys prefer quality wise and looks wise? I looked at some of Dainese's stuff and it looks REALLY nice. How is their reputation? What about the rest?
Dainese is top quality and looks! I have a Dainese Invader jacket. I'm lookin' to get a Red/white/black leather Dainese jacket. They are pricey though, but well worth it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This post is pretty old...but I ended up getting a Dainese jacket from my friend that works at the Dainese store in Newport Beach!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts