Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Just another r6'er
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a new Dainese rebel pelle perforated, and this is my first leather jacket. I'm wondering how should I got about taking care of it. Should I treat it with the water spray repellant? It rains here a lot, unpredictably so I don't want the leather to get destroyed. Also, should I buy the dainese cleaner and conditioner? How often should I clean it? Should I clean/condition through the winter (never been worn) before the season?

Thanks

Edit: Bought the hogan-s rain suit to wear over my gear, and their cleaner/conditioner kit. Also bought Pelle Pro, full metal pro, and vortice's. Hopefully a NEXX helmet the winter.

·
Just another r6'er
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I haven't rode with it yet, but so far amazing. With the liner in it is REALLY warm, but without, and the vent open is seems really breathable. It is heavy, real heavy. Great padding (especially with the wave g2), and comfortable. It fits me really well, and imo looks great. The jacket seems like it will defiantly do the job in the event of a lay down. But I want to take the best care of it i can. It has a zipper to attach to pants, and a few other features. Can't wait to ride with it. This jacket is making me buy the full metal gloves, and new leather pants from dainese :toocool:

I'm not good at reviews (lol)

I was going to get the new delmar, but no where had it (online or the stores in the u.s.a I called). I called dainese, and the person I talked to told me they aren't even in production yet and may not become in production. Apparently the perforated one isn't even designed yet. So I don't know how real the reviews are online. They recommended me this jacket. only a few slight deference's

·
Registered
142 Posts
that is a beautiful jacket!

I would suggest wiping it down periodically with pledge and a clean rag. This would clean and condition the jacket.

·
Just another r6'er
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll try, I'm really bad with a camera though. Basically you can see fine holes in it, if you're looking for them. I'd defiantly recommend it man. I was thinking about getting white, but it would dirty up to quickly imo.
Most of the jacket is perforated. Some spots aren't for extra strength
Not perf

vs
perf

·
Registered
73 Posts
That jacket is awesome. Can you take some closer up pics of the perforated area if you feel like it? I may be pickin up one of these. I need something white and perforated. Diego suggested this coat for me.
I have the Santa Monica perforated in white and the Racing in white also. The Santa Monica is harder to clean because it is perforated.

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
:werd

Thanks man. I gotta get myself something more comfortable for this season coming up. I can't be sweatin like a fat lady all summer again.

I have the Santa Monica perforated in white and the Racing in white also. The Santa Monica is harder to clean because it is perforated.

:werd

Thx for the info broski

·
Just another r6'er
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No prob. I had a textile jacket, so i will be warmer, but much more protected.., Only reason I bought the textile (and the rest of my relatively cheaper gear) was because I was poor after buying the bike, and wanted something over me... I'm the type of guy buy right or buy twice.

Very nice jacket, you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Mario - I stumbled upon your youtube vid acidently lol. I have the Racing but I would rather have the Alien

·
Registered
33 Posts
Why the racing? I personally like the look of the racing but the alien feels more comfortable. If the racing was in their D skin leather then it would be no contest!

·
Just another r6'er
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
same, i don't know what to clean/care my dainese with as well. mine didn't come with a cleaner/solution lotion. :nono
I'm buying a dainese rain suit, to keep in the back of my bike. Just incase. Rather spend 150 bucks to protect my leathers. Also, I bought the conditioner/cleaner kit that dianese has. They said if it gets wet, clean, condition, and hang dry in a well vented area... Again, rather spend money and keep my gear in good shape.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just in case anyone is wondering about the difference between the feel of Dainese's D-skin and the regular leather they're pretty much the same. I rode in the racing alien and tried on the tattoo and they all felt the same...LIKE BUTTER ON YOUR SKIN! So pretty much choose which one you want based on price, protection, and looks because they all felt really soft and comfortable. (I don't know how the cheaper ones feel though). So for me I love the look of the racing and am probably going to get that one. Hope this helps.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts