Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every Thursday night, Sonic at 635 and Garland Road...right by the Fry's.

Anywhere from 200-400 bikes there each week!

·
Registered
963 Posts
Hey, is that the one where they did a news report about? The one where Sonics had separate areas for cars and bikes?

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The news has covered it before, I believe...but this sonic just gets shut down. At about 9:00pm or so, they shut off the lights on the big sign, and bikes fill the lot. Even if a cager wnated in there, there is no where for them to go! it is literally packed with bikes. It took about 30 minutes last week to move all the bikes so an employee could get her car out of the lot! haha

I have some pics, not too good tho, they were taken from a phone..

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
ya this is a huge thing in dallas. theres always hundreds of bikes there. im gonna make a few trips there a couple of these thursdays :mrgreen:

u up for goin there yoda :?:

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I go almost all of them now :)

Be there tonight!

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
I'm out of town this week, but next week I'll stop by. We used to meet at Whataburger on NW Hwy and I-35 but that was a couple years ago.
Just got another bike, so I'll be heading out there next week. See ya there.
I hope this group isn't as stupid as the last group I rode with.... There's a difference between good riders and dangerous ones. lol

BTW I live in Garland. Look forward to meeting the Texas riders.

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey TXR6-
I should be there Thursday...You will see the 6 there, it is the one with the moving blue lights on it! I will be one of the bald guys out there.

I am in Plano, ride witha few guys in the Plano area, and a buddy in The Colony. It is alot of fun to watch the SBH group come in, but from what I hear, the "after hour" rides get pretty chaotic. I agree, huge difference (but fine line) between fun and stupid!

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
hey yoda and TX6 lets meet somewhere for some dinner or something before we go there. i should be able to make it up there this thursday. what u guys think.

also dman and dj1298, u guys up for headin out there 2 :?:

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I would be game for that! I will prolly have 2 buddies along as well, one on a Duc (or Aprilla, whichever he rides) and one on an RR.

We can hit a Hooters, or Bone Daddy's ro something, then ride to the Sonic..

We are doing "Two Wheel Tuesday" tonight, and then hitting the Blue Goose in Addison, which is basically "bike night part 2"

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
I'm leaving on a business trip Tomorrow and won't be back till Saturday, but next week sounds good.
Hey.... I don't want to show up looking like a dork... but do people wear their race leathers on these rides? I used to because we got pretty wild, but I don't know what you guys are doing these days.

Oh, and what is 2 wheel tuesday? I might be able to head out for a while tonight.
I'm on yahoo IM -hondapr031

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Some do, I am usually just in jeans and jacket...but there are some in full leathers. Some in just pants, most in just jacket.

Then again, I hear the after-rides get pretty nuts, so who knows. I typically just go ride with a few folks I know, being the newb and all they take it easy on me! Then again, sometimes we jsut cruise home after if it starts getting too late...just depends.

Maybe we should shoot for next week then, so we can all get together?

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
well dam, im workin next thursday so no go for me. but i can still do this thursday. i got a buddy that can probably come up there to. yoda PM me if ya still want to get together before sonic. :cheers

oh ya, TXr6 get a msn messenger name too so we can chat wit ya. alot of us have it so u could chat wit quite a few of us. someones on pretty much all the time :cheers

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I use AOL AIM...yoda99tj...

I will still be going Thursday too, so we can meet up, Lok...then TXR6, I will see you the following Thursday. Granted I don't ever have a life between now and then! haha

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
nut uh....is says I got no messages! haha

·
Registered
829 Posts
I am down for Thursday night. Send me an e mail witht he details and I can meet up with you guys. I am up off of Preston and Spring Creek in Plano.

[email protected]

1 - 20 of 78 Posts