Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
finally good weather and im not workin. so i say we go with last weeks plane and meet at the hooters on 635 and town east. eat some food, stare at some :boob , then look at some bikes, then go for a ride.

whos in :?:

·
Registered
7,654 Posts
sounds good, but honestly, the Mesquite Hooters sucks! :) haha Plano has the best :boob if you want that with your wings!

I will have myself and 3 other buddies all from the northern 'burbs with me.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Makes no difference to me. I'm right in the middle. I will admit, the one in Plano IS better.... but again, I'm easy.

Loki, if you want, I can meet you somewhere, and we can go to Plano together, or if we go to Mesquite, Yoda, I'll meet you somewhere.

·
Banned
4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well im cool with meetin txr6 and going from there to wherever we want to eat. the less miles on my truck the better. and this time i should have the trailer so no unload hassles. :mrgreen: but i should have a buddy comin with me to. so lets agree on a hooters and go with it. i havent been to the one in plano but the one off of 360 in arlington is quite nice. let me know bitches.

and hey txr6 where u wanna meet at. :cheers

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Well, Arlington is way out of the way for a meeting spot. Yoda is in Plano, I'm in Garland, DJ is coming from Irving, and Loki's coming from Tyler.
(Loki) I can meet you at the hooters in Mesquite, we can unload, ride to Plano, meet Yoda and DJ, eat at Hooters in Plano, then take off from there.

That sound like a plan?

Jimmy, you can meet us at the Mesquite hooters, or the Plano one, Whichever you prefer.

DJ is going to meet us in Plano. Just to be clear, this is the Hooters off 75 and ....park.. parker... somewhere in there?

Also, I guess we should leave Plano by 8-8:15 so should we meet about 6:45 in Mesquite? 7:15 in Plano?

·
Registered
7,654 Posts
OK, so I will be at the Plano Hooters around 7ish. Prolly have 2-3 guys with me as well.

·
Registered
7,654 Posts
oh, and the Plano Hooters is just north of Plano Pkwy, on the Service road.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Just talked to Richie from Southwest Superbikes. He's gonna meet us there too. He might have a few people with him also. I'm going by the shop later so I'll have more info.

·
Registered
7,654 Posts
Times Square???? :throwup Not a big fan of that place.

I saw like 300 bikes at Sonic. It was a good night, great weather. Had to miss the after-sonic ride to go home and pack, but overall a great night.

As for 635...I have no idea, I went home that way and never saw anything.

·
Registered
7,654 Posts
update, yes, there was quite an accident from what I hear. I didn't ever see anything, but Dave came up on one in a different direction. Reports say a guy was weaving traffic at 100+ and ran into the back of a car. They said the bike went over the car, and slip for 1/4 mile.

The part of all this that really gets me...he was riding in a group and none of the others stopped. That is terrible and extremely sad. Last report says the guy has not woken up from this yet, but is alive. Prayers to him and his family, and hope for a speedy recovery.

This is the exact reason I hate 80+ mph traffic weaving...it just isn't worth it when something goes unexpected.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
This is a quote from another local forum here in Dallas. This came from an eye witness. I was riding with a group of 5 others, and we came upon the accident several minutes after it happened, and it looked horrible.
But, this should be pretty accurate.
The Real Story
First of all, i have been praying for Charles all night. I rode home at 40 mph still shaken up from what i had just seen. You can ask my girlfriend, i got to her house and just laid on the floor silent. I was one of the first ones on the scene and the last ones to leave. Here is the real deal:

None of the stories above are 100% correct. Robs is the closest. Rob your a great guy.

WHO EVER SAID THE RIDERS THAT WERE WITH HIM DIDNT STOP IS DEAD WRONG!

No one has failed to mention yet that when he went down he took out two other bikes as well. Kendrick, David, Chris and I left sonic / shell a little earlier than the pack. When we first got on the highway, GPD was posted up waiting on us. The cop got behind me and pulled me over because my license plate was bent up, not for speeding. No ticket was issued.

I caught back up to the 3 guys i was riding with and we were crusing along. About 5 miles before the accident, the guy on the TL ( Charles ) rode up beside us and was driving all over the road. We all switched lanes and sped up to avoid him because we thought he was a newbie rider. He dropped back and we shook our heads thinking he was just another loose cannon.

About 3 minutes later, i see a headlight in my rearview coming up very fast. Im riding in the middle lane and there is a car in the right lane ( the same lane as Charles ). Im thinking to myself, " I know this guys sees this car in lane he is in"

The next thing i know, Charles zooms into sight and slams into the back of this white car. The all happened about six feet away from me. Seconds before he hit the car, he was motionless. I guess he froze up and paniced because i dont even think he hit the brakes. He hit car and i watched him flying in the air beside me like he was shot out of a cannon.

His bike shot to the left and missed the back of my head by maybe 2 feet ( as told by Kendrick who was right behind me) Kendrick thought i was hit by the bike so he slammed on his brakes and the bike hit him head on causing him to go down end over end.

Then the bike shot into the left lane and hit David. When david saw the bike coming his way, he froze and let off the gas. The bike tore apart David right fairing, broke off his rear brake lever and foot peg. It also took his shoe off. David manage to keep the bike up by the grace of God.

I pulled over immediatly in total shock. I had never seen anything like this before. As soon as i stopped and could find my phone, i called david. He told me what had happend to him and said he had called a truck to come get his bike and that he was going to the hospital because he thought his leg was broken. I told him i would be right there. He persusded me to check on the other guys because he was stable. ( Xrays showed his leg wasnt broken, he is ok)

I left my bike running and ran back down the middle of the freeway to find Kendrick and his 750 laying in the middle of 635. We got Kedrick to safety and then pulled his totalled bike out of the street. He is ok other than a hurt leg

Then I saw Charles bike wadded up on the shoulder. I ran to where the crowd was huddled around him. I thought he was dead because it looked like his body was twisted as you would do a bath towel to drain the water. He was motionless and mute but a lady confirmed he had a pulse.

Then some lady started yelling at us ( all the bikers ) because we didnt know him. I said, "Lady there are over 300 bikes out tonight, we dont know them all. Do you know every car driving down the freeway?" Then another guy said to another rider" Yall have the same color jacket, i thought yall were friends"

Some guy had wrecked his car to avoid the accident and was bitching about his car with no concern for the fallen rider. He was quickly put in his place by another rider.

I dont know charles or his current condition. I pray that he is ok. I hope this clears all the rumors. I was one of the first ones there and the last ones to leave. Anyone who want to say the riders with him kept going, needs to retype their story.

God Bless Charles,

Chiko

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
man that is fucked up....i hope that dude makes it out alright. everytime i hear about something like that i get chills. i hate to hear stories like that.

godbless him and his family....

·
Banned
4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
well glad to atleast know what happened here. i was there also that night. we pulled over next to it for a few minutes. but i believe it was after the original person had been transported to the hospital. well my wishes go out to all those involved

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.