Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so me and my friend were riding on route 7 down by the ohio river last sunday. next thing i know theres a cop behind us with his lights on so i got my friends attention and we both pulled over. the first thing the cop says when he walks up is "which one of you had the front wheel off the ground?" i was like ummm idk what your talking about sir. i dont do wheelies on my bike and neither does he. which is a complete lie but i honestly hadnt done any on this road. he proceeds to tell me and i quote "i saw a front tire off the ground but i couldnt tell which bike it was so one of you needs to confess".... mind you my r6 is bright orange and my friend has a dark blue gsxr that is an 04. so i told him if he couldnt tell which one did it then he didnt see either of us do it because it didnt happen lol. so he takes my license only and comes back with a citation for reckless op. and then tells me that i was doing good because he clocked me at 47 in a 50 then he saw a wheel off the ground. if i do a wheelie in 2nd gear im doing at least 70.

so now i have to take off work and go fight this because i cant afford to have this ticket. im getting my cdl soon and i already have 6 points on my license (all while in my car). ive never been pulled over on my bike and he cut me no slack at all. i now understand why a lot of people do not like cops lol

·
pin it to win it
8,081 Posts
I highly doubt he will show up to court for that bs. Either way go to court and get it dropped. Call the police dep and complain also.

·
R6 Lover
184 Posts
Mild acceleration in first from 5-6K and my wheel comes up a couple inches... I never notice lol but people have pointed it out in city driving. Its straight up BS that he would freak out about it. Obviously he doesnt ride.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i talked to the mayor and hes having the chief call me. doing a wheelie in first gear is so touchy but yeah it will come up a little bit cracking the throttle. but when i passed him my one hand was on my hip because we were cruising. so obviously i wasnt accelerating.

·
Sherman Connoisseur
26,451 Posts

·
Whoolie Master
44 Posts
damn cops is right. Surely this 1 experience means that every single cop is this way. It's a shame they teach them these things at the academy.

·
AKA....Corey
547 Posts
so between a bright orange and a blue r6...He couldn't tell who it was(not saying you were) just wanted to harass u guys...What a crop of crap....***** the police....Just like Easy use to say

·
iRun
33,319 Posts
Ibtrbl

FCK the police.

·
Registered
7,921 Posts
so now i have to take off work and go fight this because i cant afford to have this ticket. im getting my cdl soon and i already have 6 points on my license (all while in my car). ive never been pulled over on my bike and he cut me no slack at all. i now understand why a lot of people do not like cops lol
you already have 6 points and you are going to expect to get cut some slack :bowroll

·
pin it to win it
8,081 Posts
No justice no peace fcuk the police

·
^ Jose, but call me Chato
3,729 Posts
Trooper got my buddy this weekend for no mirrors, I have told him about it before. The sucky part was that he only got pulled over for no mirrors, not speeding or reckless, you'd figure he would get some slack, ***** NO!!!! ****ing trooper cited his ass. But oh well, I hate to say I told you so.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts