Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after thinking about it for a bit and looking at the weather I take the bike to work.. it's supposed to be 70 and sunny...

I live about 30 min away, and about half way in it starts pouring... Get to work with my pants all wet... At least I got to try out my A* leather jacket and my Sidi's kept my feet dry...I guess my slacks do about the same job at keeping me dry then they would do at keeping me rash free if I fell...

/LMGM rant...

·
09 r6 team blue
850 Posts
here in orlando our summer is full of afternoon thunderstorms.. literally every single day.. just long enough to soak you and the road and then the sun comes out like nothing happen. one of the reasons our riding season is now till may.

·
R Sexiness
1,139 Posts
that's why i left mine at home today lol. we have the same forecast here in CT but its cloudy as hell and looks like rain any min.

·
190rwhp......:eek5
10,295 Posts
We had a 20% chance today (yesterday it rained and I didnt ride either) but I didnt ride in today either...Ive got 2 herniated disks, spinal stinosis, and osteoporosis in my thorasic regions...

When I woke up this morning my wonderful injuries from the past/present were on the terrible side pain and I opted to drive...

And I HATE driving...

/rant

·
Registered
790 Posts
In Seattle area where Im from, you either do it in the rain, or you dont do it. Just throw on some rain gear and roll.

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
Done that before. Got to work all soaking wet. It sucks. Ran 4 heaters in my cube just to stay warm. Rode home in the pouring rain that same day also. Stupid me, should have checked the forecast.

·
iLLWiL EX-MaSteR gRiLLaH
1,331 Posts
So after thinking about it for a bit and looking at the weather I take the bike to work.. it's supposed to be 70 and sunny...

I live about 30 min away, and about half way in it starts pouring... Get to work with my pants all wet... At least I got to try out my A* leather jacket and my Sidi's kept my feet dry...I guess my slacks do about the same job at keeping me dry then they would do at keeping me rash free if I fell...

/LMGM rant...
lol, i was almost in your situation....looked at the weather forecast all week, been itching to get as many more riding days in, was prepared to run down wit my riding gear, when my girl calls me telling me its sprinkling! :cuss

NOW its beautiful out, sunny as hell! :BS

Where do you live, where do you ride to work????

·
Premium Member
17,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lol, i was almost in your situation....looked at the weather forecast all week, been itching to get as many more riding days in, was prepared to run down wit my riding gear, when my girl calls me telling me its sprinkling! :cuss

NOW its beautiful out, sunny as hell! :BS

Where do you live, where do you ride to work????
I live in Elmsford, work in Somers.(Westchester County)

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
/LMGM rant...
:lmao

HAHAHA everyone is being way nicer to you about it tho!!!

But in all seriousness, being at work in wet clothes it the pits.

The roads were a little wet on my way in today. I was too hungover to find my car keys today tho. Roger Waters at MSG back to back nights kicked my ass sideways man..

·
Life is best beyond 10k
6,928 Posts
I was gonna tell you to ride in the rain anyhow. It's the COLD I don't like.

But I've been layed up in the house fror 3 days with a killer cold being unable to ride in the best weather of the season.

So I can share in the misery. :lmao

·
Premium Member
17,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I was gonna tell you to ride in the rain anyhow. It's the COLD I don't like.

But I've been layed up in the house fror 3 days with a killer cold being unable to ride in the best weather of the season.

So I can share in the misery. :lmao
Well it was rain and about 55ish.. so not warm.. But I didn't complain about the cold :fact :poke

My leather jacket with the liner actually kept me pretty comfortable..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yea its not hard to avoid the rain here in Cruces, in hardly rains. It did get me about two days ago thought as i was coming home from the gym. Dam Rain!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts