Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I went to change out my spark plugs today on my 07 r6. Got #1broke loose and used a long extension to get it broke loose instead of 2 short ones. Now I can't get that mother****er out. I know someone else has done this and got it out. How the **** did you do it? I loosened the top of the rad and still all it does is hit the frame. I can't get it out and could really use some help on how to get this ****er out.

· Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No the spark plug I can get put with a magnet if I could get to it but the extension to the socket is what's stuck. I tried getting the socket off with no luck. I guess I'll try to get the socket off again when I get home. Maybe then I can get the extension out

· Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I need a way to get the socket off the extension. I've used this same way to get spark plugs out on a lot of bikes. I just got this new socket set and the socket isn't coming off the extension as easy as my old set

· Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The reason why the socket not coming off the extension is because of the way I got it in there.
Here's the way I did it
1-remove coil
2-put socket in
3- put extension in clip in socket (if the socket was on the extension it wouldn't fit)
4-unscrew plug
Now what is supposed happen that isn't
5-break extension loose from socket and remove extension
6-use magnet to pull plug and socket out at the sand time.
7-put new plug in repeat the process

Now does it make sense to you guys? I'm going to figure out a way to get the socket off so I can get the extension out and then the socket and plug. I thought maybe someone had done the same thing and found a trick for getting the socket off the extension. It boils down to lesson learned use 2 small extensions instead of 1 big one

· Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Should have removed the tank and done it from the top. Much easier.
That's the way I went in. I loosened the rad bolts hoping it would clear up room for the socket to come out.

· Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Tried both of those ideas with no luck. So I tried putting my angle grinder in there but there so out came the little hack saw

After about 30 minutes I got it out.........in 2 pieces. Guess it's time to buy a new long extension

**** it sometimes you have to do what have to do. Problem solved lesson learned

· Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Umm, I hope you screwed the plug back in before you did that. And I hope you got all the metal savings out of there before you removed your plug.
I got all the metal shavings. I screwed the plug in then covered the hole with papertowls to avoid any getting in there.

I know a little bit amount about motorcycles. This is my project bike I'm building right now.
It started out as a 05 636

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.