Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Make good choices.
2,794 Posts
I think he means that with the socket attached to the extension, it is too long to remove the two together.
Yeah, that's what I thought, which is why I suggested threading the plug back in to create the same amount of room there was when the socket/extension went in, then pulling it out.

But now he is saying the problem is that the socket wont separate from the extension, which I'm not sure why that would be a problem.

· Make good choices.
2,794 Posts
Now does it make sense to you guys? I'm going to figure out a way to get the socket off so I can get the extension out and then the socket and plug. I thought maybe someone had done the same thing and found a trick for getting the socket off the extension. It boils down to lesson learned use 2 small extensions instead of 1 big one
Yes, now I get it.

What if you insert something thin and strong (like maybe a long flat head screwdriver) into the spark plug hole and use it to hold the socket down while you pull up on the extension?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.