Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you ride your bikes at night with your dark face shield on your helmet? Why or why not? :confused:

·
Now you see me...
1,275 Posts
i try not too but it happens, i have to ride slower than usual as i can't see as far down the road. it dangerous as hell and don't be surprised if you get pulled over, it's illegal.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Really? illegal? I mean you could obviously tell between a clear and a really dark but what about "light smoke" ones?

·
Now you see me...
1,275 Posts
if the cop can't see your face through the shield at night it's illegal, but usually the face shield itself will say "not approved for night use" or something similar near an edge somewhere.

·
Registered
196 Posts
i ride with mine up at night. its not worth not being able to see down the road, especially with the amount of wildlife here in upstate new york. i don't mind the bugs in my face if it will save my life.

·
Now you see me...
1,275 Posts
its a good idea to put safety glasses (stylish of coarse) in your trunk just in case you have to ride at night your your face shield up (especially on the highway!)

·
Dragging Knee
1,604 Posts
I carry an extra face shield when I ride the street but every once in awhile I don't but I carry a pair of cheap safety glasses under the seat so if i do have to flip the visor I have the eye protection.

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
I ride with mine up too...99% of the time ive got my dark one on so every once in awhile ill throw it down but normally at night i ride with it up.

·
Premium Member
18,783 Posts
I have 2 lids, one with a dark smoke shield, one with a clear shield. I would never ride my dark smoke shield at night.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I just put my light smoke face shield on my Arai. I have no issues seeing at night with the face shield down. It works perfectly!

·
<ZZZZZZZZ#``` lets smoke
1,094 Posts
Everytime I go out, I bring both dark and clear visor.. No need to use dark visor during the night.. Can't see sh!t..

"I wear my stunna glasses at night"

·
T-1 is my Hero
0 Posts
If I end up in that situation I usually just run my brights and go slower than usual and keep the visor down.

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
It's illegal,
I do it.
Dont have nowhere to put that extra visor without bending it out of shape.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
I have dark smoked shields on all of my helmets but at night I ride w/the visor up.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Here you go my friend.. http://www.shieldsak.com/

I've been using it for 4 years now. It goes under your jacket. and it's very comfy.. I highly recommend it.
that looks good...but i would really be concerned about comfort.

i hate riding with my dark shield at night...but sometimes it happens. on residential and slow speed (like below 30), i just keep it up, with no eye protection. above that speed, i just ride with it down

i think it looks pretty badass pulling into a parking lot with a dark shield.. lol

·
MY MV EATS MY R6
10,744 Posts
get a suomy helmet with a iridium shield keeps the sun from bothering you at day and is clear at night and you can see perfectly fine

1 - 20 of 24 Posts