Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
R-E-S-P-E-C-K-T-T
2,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I went riding with a guy today who has one and we had a little fun with em too:fact
I've got to say I wasn't sure about the whole "whistling" thing they do just cruising around town, but when they open up they sound great! A little more of a full-bodied deeper scream than the 6. We had a blast, but I came away still glad I have my r6 cuz when we went full throttle on the highway I was still pulling on him!! I was actually slowly walking him through all gears.:fact

Anybody have some similar experiences?

Disclaimer: the highway we were on was a state highway with a very long flat straightaway and we did this as carefully and responsibly as we could given the fact that we were both knowingly engaging in an extremely dangerous activity.

·
I can ban you
33,575 Posts
I went riding with a guy today who has one and we had a little fun with em too:fact
I've got to say I wasn't sure about the whole "whistling" thing they do just cruising around town, but when they open up they sound great! A little more of a full-bodied deeper scream than the 6. We had a blast, but I came away still glad I have my r6 cuz when we went full throttle on the highway I was still pulling on him!! I was actually slowly walking him through all gears.:fact

Anybody have some similar experiences?

Disclaimer: the highway we were on was a state highway with a very long flat straightaway and we did this as carefully and responsibly as we could given the fact that we were both knowingly engaging in an extremely dangerous activity.
they are nice bikes...

Just make sure not to get a tank slapper at those speeds

·
R-E-S-P-E-C-K-T-T
2,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
08-09ish could be older not sure...
here is an exact pic except with stock exhaust

·
R-E-S-P-E-C-K-T-T
2,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
R-E-S-P-E-C-K-T-T
2,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
there I edited it in bold for ya!

·
R-E-S-P-E-C-K-T-T
2,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah he had a lot of push from the get go, I just thought I launched wrong or something. As soon as I was in fourth I started creeping on him big time and past him at the bottom of 5th.

·
R-E-S-P-E-C-K-T-T
2,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well to give the bike some more credit, the rider was pretty squidly, no gear besides a helmet, and no body position through the turns.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts