Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
My R6.....
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few scratches and stone chips in my clear OEM windscreen so I'm looking at getting a new one. Not sure whether to go with a DB or stock screen. The Double Bubble sometimes takes the sleekness away from the front end.

Thoughts?

·
My R6.....
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What's more important to you, function or cosmetics?
a bit of both. I do a bit of riding each day on the freeway so the functionality of the DB would be useful and on some bikes they look great anyway, but just thought I'd gauge everyone's opinions before spending the $$.

Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
52,013 Posts
I prefer OEM, but I can tuck under it without any noticeable wind buffeting. On some bikes, I've had to resort to a DB.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I recently purchased a Puig DB (black) and noticed a huge difference over the stock one. I love mine, very functional and looks great. The old one didn't far to well when someone hit it with a basketball. :curse

·
My R6.....
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I recently purchased a Puig DB (black) and noticed a huge difference over the stock one. I love mine, very functional and looks great. The old one didn't far to well when someone hit it with a basketball. :curse
Sweet - got any pics mate?

Cheers

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
db is cool!...but i still have the stock oem windscreen

·
Slammed and Stretched!!!
772 Posts
Go with a DB. I am looking for one for my 08 without having to go with a Z-Racing screen. Anyone know where I am get a true DB for the 08?

·
My R6.....
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, actually I'll go take a few right now and post them.

Excuse it being so dirty, shes my daily driver.
Jaycycle, thanks for the pics. Looks great in the dark tint. I'm certainly swaying towards the DB now.

·
Shiney up Rubber down
4,936 Posts
I've never had a reason to go out and buy a DB, I run a stocker.
I imagine that the DB is quite functional.
I also don't run at particularly high speeds ( that often ) so I'm not all tucked up all the time.
AND I run a video camera qutie often, so a stock screen is good for that too.

oh well. There's my .02

·
My R6.....
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've never had a reason to go out and buy a DB, I run a stocker.
I imagine that the DB is quite functional.
I also don't run at particularly high speeds ( that often ) so I'm not all tucked up all the time.
AND I run a video camera qutie often, so a stock screen is good for that too.

oh well. There's my .02
Tinted, coloured or clear?

·
I do it for the Chicks.
296 Posts
Im too big to tuck even under a DB. BUT for normal riding the DB helped alot with wind. I sit pretty straight up 98% of the time, and it still helps alot.

Heres pics of mine. Mine is black as well. If you can tuck good enough to see through it, I wouldnt go with a black one.

·
My R6.....
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Im too big to tuck even under a DB. BUT for normal riding the DB helped alot with wind. I sit pretty straight up 98% of the time, and it still helps alot.

Heres pics of mine. Mine is black as well. If you can tuck good enough to see through it, I wouldnt go with a black one.
Looks nice. I like the black.

·
Shiney up Rubber down
4,936 Posts
Tinted, coloured or clear?
I have to run a clear one because of all the filming I do. If I put any color to it, it would make the vids look kinda weird.
I would show you some of my vids, but my Home PC just bit it, and all of my vids are gone. Once I get that computer back up and running, I'll see what I can do about getting some video up (if I can recover the files)

·
Registered
458 Posts
I have a oem one that I took off when I got the db..if you want it make me an offer. I'm thinking around 20 shipped.. its in real good shape only on there for like 5 600 miles

1 - 18 of 18 Posts