Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Somebody flipped my bike to "ON" lastnight and I come out in the morning and the thing is dead. I jumped it with my car just to get the thing running. I rode it around for about 45 minutes or so and let it sit while I sat and talked to a bunch of riders. Keep in mind I haven't shut the bike off yet. All of a sudden, the "check engine" light comes on and I notice the temperature of the bike is at like 220. So I shut the bike off. I try to turn it back on and no go. I had to push start it. How should I go about charging that battery? Any clues as to why the check engine light came on? I have an 04 R6 with about 850 miles on her. Thanks for the help guys.

Dallas

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
If I'm not on my bikes, they are always on a battery tender. I just bought a Yusa battery tender and I'm very pleased with it. I can get both brands if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Yeah, bike batteries are not like car batteries. Mainly they suck and don't hold a charge very long. I've jumped my bikes off my car many times and never had a problem except for that time I put the jumper cables on backwards and fried the voltage regulator on the bike.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts