Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

learned a couple neat things about cross swapping pumps, working to confirm some of it right now, but I have been led to believe that the fuel pump on my 636 is the same as that of the zx14, zx10, and gsxr 1k. Even more interesting, the pump from the 4.6L Mustang GT. Also came up as an Integra pump, so I assume its used in many applicatiosn. It is also a direct replacement. That pump delivers 255 lph compared to my stocker which is at 43 lph. And its only $70 on amazon. And you can just reuse your fuel sender and sending unit stuff.

I can post pics of what mine looks like and I have looked at the Walbro and its the same. Model number GSS 342.

If you have a dead pump and a few minutes to take it apart, take a few pics of the pump. Might be very beneficial to some folks on here, especially those building big motors, turbo, nitrous, etc. Its nice to have cheap replacements that are also more than able to handle any fueling you would ever need aside from maybe a large wet shot.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Walbro-GSS342-Fuel-Pump/dp/B000EVN7W8[/ame]
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/vpn-gss342

·
iRun
33,317 Posts
Veeeery interesting.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't think a stock integra pump can push out 255lph..
Its the same part number as the 4.6 mustang one. Ive checked and rechecked. And I dont need 255lph. hell, I dont even need 100. But if I can get a brand new pump that will give me the 43 I have stock and cost about the same as a used pump off ebay, Im interested. Especially on a 10 year old motorcycle.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did you read that thread?

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I read the first post. You mean to tell me that doesn't count? :laugh
No, it doesnt. :laugh Go back and read it. I skimmed it. The fuel pressure regulator is what keeps those in check, and if you pull up the part number on ebay, it cross lists to like 50 different japanese and domestic cars and trucks.

·
Banned
7,347 Posts
It looks like ac delco has started offering just the pump with the hose ans new wires for gm owners. Since the mid 90s all we could get was the whole assembly for 200 on up to the 500 range. Total bullshit.
These pumps are in the $50 range.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts