Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i go into the dealer today and i see this used bike....silver with d and d pipe, new seats, new tires, silver windscreen, and all silver paint job....but the catch is is that it has 18,000 miles on it and he was trying to sell it for 6999...so it was otd for like 8300...i was like no way im paing that much...i can get a new one for that much...so he said ok how about i obsorb the instore costs and make it just 6999....i was like no way...the he asked me how much i thought it was worth ...and i said 4000 (just trying to low ball him to see if he would counter offer).....well end of story i walked out with out the bike.....how should i negotiate the bike .....kbb on the bike is only like 5400-5800....and the dealership only probably paed like 3 or 4k on a trade in....plz help me...my first bike

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
take a copy of the kbb print out to em and show em they are full of crap

oh a liquid i hate to say it but your avatar has to change, its been here before and its been taken down before. sorry, just not a work safe one

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Just a word of advice for your negotiating.
Take the KBB print out, and make sure you check for mileage deductions.

If they try to up the price because of mods, tell them they wouldn't up your trade in value because of the mods, so you're not buying them either.

They paid nowhere near KBB on the trade, so I would offer $5400 bottom line.
If they don't do it, walk out and find another bike.
I would be scared of a modded bike with 18k anyway personally.
I bought my 2003 silver R6 with 600 miles and flawless condition for $6000. The deals are out there, just have to be patient and find them.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
dont buy other peoples used garbage, no offence but if you get a bike you should buy it new, finance it or somthing, theres nothing like the feeling of buying somthing brand new no1 has ever redlined, fucked with, or who knows what else. take that thought into consideration, and good luck with whatever you decide!
:cheers

·
Super Mod
1,289 Posts
yeah, thread is only 3 years old.

·
Registered
72 Posts
You're better off going to look for another bike at another dealer. I like to buy from the guy that gives me the lowest price without any BS. I know the dealers has to make money to stay in business. I'm not the type to haggle over a deal. If the guy really wanted to sell the bike he would have posted it a the kbb value in the first place. Hopefully you'll find a good dealer like I did.

Anyone in NC, Crossroads Yamaha/Suzuki in Albemarle :swordfigh is a great dealership to deal with.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Dickdaney said:
You're better off going to look for another bike at another dealer. I like to buy from the guy that gives me the lowest price without any BS. I know the dealers has to make money to stay in business. I'm not the type to haggle over a deal. If the guy really wanted to sell the bike he would have posted it a the kbb value in the first place. Hopefully you'll find a good dealer like I did.

Anyone in NC, Crossroads Yamaha/Suzuki in Albemarle :swordfigh is a great dealership to deal with.
Check the date.......... :eek5

His last visit date.........08-10-2004 09:15 PM

·
Super Mod
1,289 Posts
he might still be looking for the "right" r6

·
RU R6
1,206 Posts
2000 R6 with "custom" paint pretty much means it's been down and the owner repainted the entire bike to match. I've crashed bikes before and insurance restored it to factory condition...decals and all. That bike sounds like junk.

There's just no good reason to finance an eight year old bike that's been half ass repaired. There are just too many better used bikes out there. Or, I would rather get like a SV650 or YZF600R or anything new instead of a 2000 R6 for anything near $5000.

·
Shiney up Rubber down
4,925 Posts
OH DEAR ME......

Thread Resurection at it's FINEST!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts