Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Vendor
7,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's going to be a pretty HUGE amount of us at Deals Gap June 15th-19th for the R1-forum.com East Coast convention. Chuck Graves is a friend of mine and will be there. There's always a few other suprise guests... :mrgreen: There is well over 80 committed to be there and alot of time to go.... It's at Fontana Village at the gap and they are giving us pretty good rates etc when you mention the event....... There is also in INCREDIBLE amount of prizes there every year so if you guys are interested I'd love to open the event up to you all as well... If you've never ridden the GAP it's a must at least once.... There's a West Coast Official Convention they we have a road track and a drag strip each for a full day coming up also but that's not been announced yet and will be for both the R6-forum.com and the R1-forum.com. I'll grab the details and get the address of our event coordinator for everyone that wishes to attend can contact him if there's interest...

-Shane

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
SWEET! Man, living in Texas now has its ONE downfall!! HAHA

·
Registered
234 Posts
Spiderman...Where's Deals gap? i'll just be gettin back to the states and ridin from illinois to georgia. may take a detour and go there or just back track.

·
Vendor
7,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here's the lodge's address

FONTANA VILLAGE RESORT
PO Box 68, NC Hwy. 28
Fontana Dam, NC 28733

www.fontanavillage.com is there website... I'll be posting up the rest of the info... I'm asked to guy organizing it for us to sign up here also..

There's plenty of respect given at our events as far as riding abilities goes. Fun for everyone....

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
OK R6 Forum. Here is the info you will need to attend the East Coast Convention at Deal's Gap. This is taylored to the R1 Forum but PM me with any questions you have about anything. I will be glad to answer them. All the listed names are from the R1 Forum. I will continue the list and put your names in BOLD to distinguish the two forums. All the links below go to the R1 Forum because I have guys helping me to do things over there. So you might want to join over there also if you have not already. And if anyone wants to do things specifically for the R6 guys PM me and I will be glad to get that worked out with you.

Ok, it's that time again this will be the Official thread for all the info for the 2005 R1 Forum East Coast Convention at Deal's Gap. I will make all changes and updates here on the first post

Also, this is NOT an R1-Forum sponsored event. It is a bunch of us getting together for a really cool extended weekend of riding and hanging out. Everyone is welcome.

I did a poll and the week of June 13-19th seemed to work well for most. This year we will NOT be there at the same time as the FZ1 Owners group. That should be a positive for us. We will have the place to ourselves, plus we can set up where they normally set up. Which will be at the end of Shuckstack Road. Much more room for everyone there.

Here are the details to date:

Date: June 15-19th

These are the dates that it will Officially be going on. I already know that several guys are wanting to come in for the whole week. That is fine. I have already talked to Fontana about that. I would make it a point to try and get there by Wednesday or Thursday, you will love this place during the weekdays!

Place: Deal's Gap

info about the Gap www.tailofthedragon.com

Lodging: Fontana Village

Rates: CLICK HERE And our rates our the LOW SEASON Rates. But you MUST tell them you are with the Yamaha R1 Forum Group

As or right now the Inn is already booked for a church group. Rooms may come available, but none are at this time. I suggest getting a cabin anyway. You can come out a lot better and they can get you closer to where will be set up in a cabin also. And to be honest some of their cabins are just a cheap as the Inn Rooms. Look at their website and inquire of them by phone to make your choice. 1-800-849-2258. I would suggest making reservations as early as you can, everywhere fills up that time of year up there. Make sure you tell them you are with the R1 Rally so you get the special rates and so that they put you with us, if there are any problems ask to speak with John or Debbie or just let me know. They have blocked off a section for us. So start making reservations as soon as you can. For the guys coming up as singles I would suggest getting together with other folks on the Forum and splitting the cost of a small or large cabin. There are gonna be several cabins available. Some of them brand new!

Everyone is welcome – but please realize that this group is made up with many types of riders of different skill levels and desires. This is not about getting together to race, or to drag other people into riding above their limits! Everyone is expected to ride at their own pace and have a good time!

Ok, now for the good part. I need VOLUNTEERS!!!!

EAST COAST CONVENTION BOSS: ME

FOOD:--boxing21 CLICK HERE FOR FOOD INFO

COOK: ZRider

RIDE MAPS AND PLANNING: Earache

T-SHIRTS: GXRKLR CLICK HERE FOR T-SHIRT INFO

PHOTOGRAPHY: Skeeter

PRIZES: Southern118 CLICK HERE FOR PRIZES

VIDEO: VoodooDsims

Please post and/or contact me if you want to volunteer for any of these duties. We want to make this year bigger and better than last, and it will take several people to make this happen. I will help each person with ideas and ways to make their particular job run smooth. And I will have to know that the person that is volunteering will be able to follow thru on all aspects of their particular job. So before you volunteer make sure you are up to it. Thank you ahead of time. I do really appreciate all the help.

This year's convention will hopefully be bigger and better than last year. I am looking forward to organizing it again. I will also try and get some other things planned. I will keep everyone updated on those things. Maybe a whitewater rafting trip for those interested, and also a dirtbiking trip over to Upper Tellico ORV trails for those dirtbikers in the group. And whatever else I can dig up.

Please contact me, Gawarrior, to be put on the list.

Definate attendees: Gawarrior, SpidermanSS+4-6, Ducatiwv, SteelR1+5, R1madman,Vman1300,ElectroAlien,GPD270, Boxing21, Wheatman, Southern118+2, Skeeter, R1 Kid, bigpoppapump, Yamahazy, kevap, jwsmithjr, BigSexy, BrokenR1+1 1/2, -O-P-U-S+3, Yoderbike, GXRKLR+2, Crazycat, VoodooDsims, 2nd time, hershell, Aron213, KBSr1, MonksR1, hooker52, Earache, Slomack, Crankshaft+1, R1Budha, plimmer, goodriddance, Jeff, ZRider,lilR!, Wonder140, Solidus, Chuck Graves+1, Finsl, R1formetoo, .06dragons+2, kwcomp,
TRON man, jdverst1936+2, vale46+2, vroooomr6+1, mslatter, martyna, XShogunR1X, tranceportmidl

80 so far

·
looking for more curves
1,883 Posts
I have some guys from a local forum (www.wnysportrider.rog) who are planning a trip.. so I'll see if its about the same time, it would be sweet if it were.

If not... Another time that I could try going... Now.. should I ride my bike down... or should I trailer it, and offer to pick up people on the way (I have a 4 or 5 bike trailer).

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
drhodes said:
I have some guys from a local forum (www.wnysportrider.rog) who are planning a trip.. so I'll see if its about the same time, it would be sweet if it were.

If not... Another time that I could try going... Now.. should I ride my bike down... or should I trailer it, and offer to pick up people on the way (I have a 4 or 5 bike trailer).
I would most definately trailer the bikes. You know, just in case a mishap, heaven forbid. I am in Georgia and I always trailer my bike to the Gap and it is only 3 hours from me.

Now, if it is at all possible try and make it for the East Coast Convention. I promise it is one heck of a good time. Plus you will get to meet lots of other forum members from here and the R1 Forum.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Okay, it's time to start getting things organized for the R1-Forum (and R-6)convention at Deals Gap. This year I'm going to be in charge of taking care of all the food related work. (jwsmithjr, and bigpoppa will be helping me in this too). This will include collecting the food money, and purchasing and bringing all the food to the convention.

The price will be $20 for each person. We are eating 4 days this year instead of just three. This will include dinner Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.

So far I am planning Chicken for one night, pork chops for another night, hamburgers and hotdogs, and I still haven't planned anything specific for the 4th day. Here's where you guys can help out, I'm open to any and all suggestions as to what you guys would like to eat for the last night. (obviously since were on a $20 dollar budget lobster will be out...lol). Of course we will have side dishes with each meal. So let me know if there is anything specific you guys would like, or NOT like for side dishes, other wise I'll pick stuff that most people enjoy.

Dinner will be held at one of the cabins on Shuckstack Road, once I get the cabin number, I will post it here.

You can paypal the $20 to me, [email protected] For those of you who would rather send a check or money order, PM me and I will give you my home address. Once I get your money, I will post your name on the FIRST page of this thread.

Once again, lets hear some food ideas for the other day! I look forward to riding and hanging out with you guys!

Hope to see some of you R-6 members out here, it's going to be a blast, you won't regret comming! If you have any questions PM me!

Also, we will need some volunteers to bring a few grills to help cook on. Thanks!
Pete.

Here is the offical list of members who have paid their $20

R1-Forum members:

1.) Skeeter
2.) Kevap
3.) Southern118
4.) ElectroAlien
5.) Kwcomp
6.) gawarrior

R6-Forum Members:

·
Registered
5 Posts
drhodes said:

Hey, I'm on that forum too, but have only been out on a few rides. Anyway, I would NOT ride the bikes down, it sucks bad enought driving down in the Truck. We did have a guy from Canada ride down last year for the convention....poor guy, it poured the whole ride home for him.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I live outside of Charlotte and would like to come, but I am unable to make a commitment at this point. I could probably only come up for Saturday and Sunday, just curious if that would be a problem? Also locally I ride with some buddies who ride different makes of bikes and wanted to know if this would be open to them also or strictly Yamaha riders?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Shane and Chad,

This looks like is will be the biggest one yet! I may have to see what else I can round up......

Kevin

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
SCREAMINR6 said:
I live outside of Charlotte and would like to come, but I am unable to make a commitment at this point. I could probably only come up for Saturday and Sunday, just curious if that would be a problem? Also locally I ride with some buddies who ride different makes of bikes and wanted to know if this would be open to them also or strictly Yamaha riders?
Screamin, if you could come anytime that is fine. And any riders are welcome. It would be good if they could join one of these forums though. Now, as far as making a commitment you have 5 months so I don't really see any reason why you can't work it out to come. I promise you will be glad you did. Just let me know what you decide. I will put you and your buddies on the definates list as soon as you tell me for sure.

BTW, a person can only win something that we are giving away if they are a member of the R1 Forum or the R6 Forum.

·
Super Moderator
3,128 Posts
You guys don't want to miss out on this. :cheers If you have the chance to make it then go for it. You'll have the time of your lives.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts