Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Looks like it was a beautiful day to ride. I will make it out that way one of these days!

·
Get'n Lucky -n- Kentucky
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was a great day man and a blast at that. Go make a weekend out of it and have a great time.

Couple of us bout went down in one curve though because something slick on the road. Heard locals were trying to pull oil and gas around some of the curves but idk if true.

·
Est. 10/21/93
639 Posts
Can you say chicken strips? Hahah just messin with you bro it's good to ride in your comfort zone. Especially there. But I highly doubt the locals were trying to mess with the road. They put more work into taking care of that road then the TN highway Dept. ever could. I see them out there gettin rocks and tree limbs off the road everytime I go.

·
Car? What Car?
2,335 Posts
It was a great day man and a blast at that. Go make a weekend out of it and have a great time.

Couple of us bout went down in one curve though because something slick on the road. Heard locals were trying to pull oil and gas around some of the curves but idk if true.
That would be absolutely terrifying if its true. Plus if someone got hurt, that would almost be considered premeditated murder.

Glad no one got hurt. Looks like a fun ride. I will get there eventually.

·
Moderator Narcissist
18,899 Posts
Those are some nice proofs...

...you gonna purchase some of them and support the photogs?! :sing

(but really...I'm jealous...)

·
Banned
7,347 Posts
**** the photo's gets some riding boots. your ankle's and feet will thank you if you ever go down and get your foot ground down to a nub. I've seen some nasty pics of that shit.

·
Get'n Lucky -n- Kentucky
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As far as the chicken strips, my tires dont have any, but killboy and them wasn't really in that great spots for pictures this weekend. The road absolutely tore my tires all to pieces I have some pictures of my buddies bike and my tires on my camera phone i'll post up if you think you can find my "Chicken Strips" lol.

As far as the jeans and shoes. I know i'm in the process of buying some boots but it is kindof hard to purchase them on looks with money issues. But they are the next thing to come.

·
Get'n Lucky -n- Kentucky
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
and...... i thought about actually buying a couple from killboy because they were pretty good quality on the site cause printscrn button doesn't do justice lol.

·
Registered
731 Posts
why can nobody go when i dont have my kids dangit. ill be there next weekend 10-8/9-10 look for me and say hi

·
Banned
7,347 Posts
As far as the chicken strips, my tires dont have any, but killboy and them wasn't really in that great spots for pictures this weekend. The road absolutely tore my tires all to pieces I have some pictures of my buddies bike and my tires on my camera phone i'll post up if you think you can find my "Chicken Strips" lol.

As far as the jeans and shoes. I know i'm in the process of buying some boots but it is kindof hard to purchase them on looks with money issues. But they are the next thing to come.
most big name brands of boots usually fit good. it's not like buying a helmet where the fit is the most important part.

there is a place in ohio (columbus) called iron pony that has a lot of gear in stock you can try on for fit.
might make a good weekend thing to go do in the winter.

http://www.ironpony.com/ironponydir...s-Mens/Class2/Footwear/Class1/STREET PRODUCTS

·
Est. 10/21/93
639 Posts

Lol I was just playing with you about the strips bro. The photogs are rarely in real good corners. I guess maybe because the cops like to sit on those.

·
Get'n Lucky -n- Kentucky
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thats how bad the road ate up my tire in about 5 hrs of riding.

Front

Buddy lost it in a slick curve and he got lucky and just had this.

·
Registered
97 Posts
how did you copy the low res pics to here?

I was there the labour day weekend and boy, I couldnt stop grining. I thinnk us129photos are better, that weekend killboy was in a good spot only Saturday but only 1 pic of me!

I did get a nice pic of my bike with a TN cop driving on the opposite direction.

·
NCSportbikes.com
701 Posts
Man... You're crazy riding the dragon in jeans and tennis shoes...

I refused to go until I had boots gauntlet gloves and a suit... That road is so much fun but it's soooo dangerous. Glad you had a good time though and kept it rubber side down.

Edit... Your tires don't look that bad, if the edges start really balling up on you next time lower your tire pressure a couple of pounds and it will clean right up.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts