Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
My R6 eats with me
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from Deals Gap and thought I'd share some pics. There were six of us with my buddy Chris and I being the only two on sportbikes while the other four were on Harleys. We rode on our own most of the time, but when we did ride wiith the crusiers it worked out alright. We would just pic a point on the map and wait for them there, usually for lunch and/or points of interest. The riding was great, Chris and I rode five days in a row. We were gone almost all day, with one of loops taking nearly ten hrs. That was the best day. We found highway 28 that was every bit as good as the dragon but with NO traffic.
I was happy to stay away for most of the days because we stayed in the worst camp ground called the "pumkin something or other". The Harely guys wanted to stay there because there was a "Hog rally" going on. It wasn't my scene, but I made the most of it and had fun. Plus one of the guys was uber rich so we stayed in the biggest RV I've ever seen.

On top of the Dragon

Tree of shame. Happily I didn't donate :D

The Skyway and a couple of stops for lunch

Here's a few of the red neck camp ground

I almost bought this thing for track days

Man! It was so damn hot that we would find a place to stop for a swim every chance we got. Some of you guys might remember the Sidi boots in the mirror shot lol.

It was a great trip with this being what it was all about. Can't wait to go back in the Fall.

·
Registered
206 Posts
nice pics wish i could go somewhere like that

·
GSXR Eater
754 Posts
hey does anyone know when the next dragon meet is i really really wanna go! when i get back from iraq of course.

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
DAMN DUDE...those are some nice pics, I wanna take a trip there when I finish my tour in afghanistan:D

·
$4 a gal. 4 gal. a shot
933 Posts
Sweet pics! I the Red R6 at the overlook one day but I was parked on the other side, love that color. Last week was a nice week to be there except for the heat.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Nice pictures...looks like you guys had a blast. I wish I could head up there and relax and ride those roads. It's quite a far drive from texas though, and would take quite abit of money. :)

·
My R6 eats with me
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Nice pictures! i love the white and red R6. too bad it's not available here. I was at the gap 2 weekends ago and i enjoyed it so much that i'll be going again next week!

Love your bike man! I believe it's your bike featured on the home page of either ZEE Photo or Extremesports .com. You should check it out.
Edit: Never mind man, it is you. I just noticed the Killboy.com in your avatar.

For you guys who asked about police presents, all I can tell you is that they were around but didn't seem to be hassling people. In fact I didn't see one bike pulled over the whole week. That could have been timing though.

Here's another couple pics.

Chris and me

I just found this to be too funny to pass up. Actually, when we dropped a friend off in Michigan, I saw a sign that read "Big Beaver Road exit 69" I kid you not! I just couldn't get my camera out in time. lol Hey, I never said I was mature. hahaha

·
My R6 eats with me
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sweet pics! I the Red R6 at the overlook one day but I was parked on the other side, love that color. Last week was a nice week to be there except for the heat.
Wow, I saw you too! Cool. Ya that heat was something. We wore our swim suits under the leathers and stopped for a swim at several different lakes. It was such a good idea, except you ended up with a serious case of swamp ass by the end of the day. hahaha!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts