Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
2007 R6
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody going to be running the Dragon or anywhere in the area anytime this week? I'm going to go down for a day or 2 probably around mid-week. Just seeing if any fellow forum riders were going to be in the area...

:YEA

·
Est. 10/21/93
639 Posts
Anybody going to be running the Dragon or anywhere in the area anytime this week? I'm going to go down for a day or 2 probably around mid-week. Just seeing if any fellow forum riders were going to be in the area...

Been looking for someone to meet up and ride with there! What days specificly will you be there? I can be there anytime this week or this coming weekend. :jacked

·
2007 R6
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I won't know for sure until tomorrow evening. Most likely I am going to be arriving Wednesday in early afternoon and leaving later Thursday. I'll get back with you on particulars if you're serious about riding around some. All of my friends that ride have flaked on me as usual so I figure if I'm going to get to go to the dragon I'm going to have to go alone this time. But we'll be in touch....

·
Est. 10/21/93
639 Posts
Well I won't know for sure until tomorrow evening. Most likely I am going to be arriving Wednesday in early afternoon and leaving later Thursday. I'll get back with you on particulars if you're serious about riding around some. All of my friends that ride have flaked on me as usual so I figure if I'm going to get to go to the dragon I'm going to have to go alone this time. But we'll be in touch....
First time I went was alone. Not bad still had fun. The second time which was my last time so far I met up with easyr6 (forum member) and another forum member at the store at the bottom. Had to do the 3 hour ride all the way up 28 alone though lol. Still had a blast though. But yeah I'm definitely serious. I'll pm you my number.

·
Registered
875 Posts
BlueR6, what part of north eastern Kentucky are you from? I ride SR 32 from Louisa to Morehead KY all the time, I'm always looking for someone to ride it with! I'm over in West Virginia, near where Ohio, Kentucky, and West Virginia meet.

·
Premium Member
518 Posts
Been looking for someone to meet up and ride with there! What days specificly will you be there? I can be there anytime this week or this coming weekend. :jacked
Ride up rt11 from greenvile into rosman N.C. i grew up there and its a blast to ride but be carefull its a very unorgivinging strecth of road.( on your way to the gap of course)

·
Est. 10/21/93
639 Posts
Ride up rt11 from greenvile into rosman N.C. i grew up there and its a blast to ride but be carefull its a very unorgivinging strecth of road.( on your way to the gap of course)
Is it any better than 28? I take that all the way from Walhalla, SC to the store at the bottom of the dragon. 103 miles of nothing but twisties. Look it up on Google Earth. And some of it is actually even more technical than the dragon.
Edit: Are you sure Route 11 goes to Rosman? I can't find where it does. 11 Runs East and West, doesn't run North anywhere. But 11 crosses 178 which runs directly into Rosman. Is 178 the road you meant because that does look like a heluva right.

·
2007 R6
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BlueR6, what part of north eastern Kentucky are you from? I ride SR 32 from Louisa to Morehead KY all the time, I'm always looking for someone to ride it with! I'm over in West Virginia, near where Ohio, Kentucky, and West Virginia meet.

I live close to Greenup and Portsmouth, Ohio. That's funny, I love that Route 32 ride you're talking about. I do it at least once or twice a month, if you run it from 23 in Louisa all the way down to Morehead you know how much fun it is haha. We will have to meet up and run it before it gets cold. I know where Pritchard is, but normally as close as I am to there is Rt.23 but we can definitely meet up sometime for a cruise.

·
Est. 10/21/93
639 Posts
Have fun. I was there last year on the bike. Then over Labor Day in the car. The bike was much more fun that the car :secret
Lol I plan on taking a car up there soon. It's a Ford 500. Just curious to see if it'll still be fun. Bet I'll still get stuck behind those damn harleys!! hahahah :321

·
Premium Member
518 Posts
Is it any better than 28? I take that all the way from Walhalla, SC to the store at the bottom of the dragon. 103 miles of nothing but twisties. Look it up on Google Earth. And some of it is actually even more technical than the dragon.
Edit: Are you sure Route 11 goes to Rosman? I can't find where it does. 11 Runs East and West, doesn't run North anywhere. But 11 crosses 178 which runs directly into Rosman. Is 178 the road you meant because that does look like a heluva right.
Yeah its 178 its been a while since I've been home. Its a great road with not too much traffic and hardly ever any patrols. Its def worth lookin into a somepoint though.

·
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
6,411 Posts

Well, that sux. I'm in LA this week, but I'll be home next week. If there was any way to postpone your trip, I'd love to ride any day next week.

Regardless, have fun and stay safe.
:cheers

·
Registered
732 Posts
well ill be heading out to join you in just afew short hours. rhett it was great meeting and riding with ya last time. looking forward to it again. keep an eye out for me. if ya see me flag me down.

·
NCSportbikes.com
701 Posts
super jealous... i went up to the gap in august for the first time and have been dying to go back. i had a chance, but my wife pulled the plug!

have fun guys, and ride safe!

·
Registered
732 Posts
super jealous... i went up to the gap in august for the first time and have been dying to go back. i had a chance, but my wife pulled the plug!

have fun guys, and ride safe!
i used to know how that felt, until my divorce. now i spend every friday morning there, and every other weekend there. anytime you all go hit me up and maybe we can join up its only 45miles from my house to the overlook :toocool: :YEA

·
I <3 Slick Mist.
1,378 Posts
I would like to go, but isn't it a little too populated? Even by police?

I want to do the Devils Triangle..I have some buddies that have been on that and they said it makes Deal's look like a hotwheels track.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts