Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Forum Moderator
3,105 Posts
SuperDave344 said:
no need for tire warmers. The 10 mile stretch leading to the gap from fontana village will get you plenty warmed up for the gap.And besides.....its not a race track so no need to be pushing it that hard.A good set of street tires will heat up & work just fine with all the heat thats generated while ridding the gap.
Man, I love the little warm up ride to the gap on 28. It's a blast and has some nice flowing turns which are super tight like the Gap. Can't wait to get back up there. It's a twelve hour drive for me. :(

·
Go Tigers!
2,625 Posts
When I went this summer, the cops were so bad up there it suked ass! Hopefully wont be like that when we are all up there. If so, have to get a couple runs in at 600 in the morning.

·
Registered
326 Posts
daddyphatsaks said:
When I went this summer, the cops were so bad up there it suked ass! Hopefully wont be like that when we are all up there. If so, have to get a couple runs in at 600 in the morning.
the cops are gonna be bad...they've been bad for a while now...really trying to crack down out there, but yet they cross the double yellow ALL the time :sing

·
Premium Member
18,792 Posts
daddyphatsaks said:
Damn son, going to have to make it a 2 week trip huh?
Yeah. We already have the trip planned. We will be at the Gap on June 16th. My wife and I hope to meet you and your girl.

·
gotta catch me first
153 Posts
SuperDave344 said:
no need for tire warmers. The 10 mile stretch leading to the gap from fontana village will get you plenty warmed up for the gap.And besides.....its not a race track so no need to be pushing it that hard.A good set of street tires will heat up & work just fine with all the heat thats generated while ridding the gap.
That was meant as a joke, note the " :) "
But thanks.

·
R6 Master
840 Posts
i just like throwing that kinda info out there cause some people dont wanna go there cause they assume everyone there is "racing" and they get scared.Its just a big fun place to ride & enjoy ridding at whatever speeds we all decide to go :)

·
Registered
326 Posts
no one will be running anyone off the road....

·
R6 Master
840 Posts
plus late evening/night & early mornings you have the road all to your selves for the most part.No real traffic at all.

We wont leave ya & wont let anyone run you off the road haha.

·
Registered
326 Posts
so are you for sure gonna do some night runs??

·
Forum Moderator
3,105 Posts
I am going this yr!!!! Only about 1.5 hrs from the Gap. R1/R6 convention in June there and the Women's Sport Bike Rally is there in August!

Awesome. Are you staying all week and eating with us? We also have a houseboat rented out for Thursday night. Make sure you get in touch with Gawarrior to get on the list.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts