Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I Love My Six
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Memorial Day weekend my friends and I are heading to the gap. I wanted to know of other roads to ride in that area other then that... any suggestion? Anyone else going that weekend?

Thanks!
Chad

·
Registered
1,307 Posts

·
I Love My Six
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We will be there for 4 days and I would like to explore other roads like the skyway and anything else other then the gap. Dont get me wrong the past 5 years I have went were great and it will be amazing this year just wanna see whats beyond that.

·
I Love My Six
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Because it's going to be infested with cops and traffic on memorial day weekend.

Check out 28 and the skyway. Anything in NC is a better bet than the TN side generally.
At least someone understands... Thank you! i will give them a shot.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I will be down there soon as well. I have never been... I cant wait!!!

·
I eat YOUR MOM
2,111 Posts
Memorial Day weekend my friends and I are heading to the gap.
you guys suck! lucky bastards lol :asshole lol
have fun that will be awsome, some day i will get there.

take pics, post em and let know about your trip!

·
My R6 eats with me
742 Posts
I'm heading down the first week of June with two friends from here. We are meeting two guys down there who know the area very well. This is great because it'll be like having our own guides who know where the police hang out, where to go for good food, that sort of thing. Can't wait!

·
Forum Moderator
3,117 Posts
Why would you want to ride other roads
The Gap run is fun, but there are so many other roads you can have more fun on with less stress and not near as tight. The Robbinsville loop 129,143 then back on 28 is a blast with some tight sweepers. Also, the Skyway to Tellico Plains, TN is a higher speed run with very tight sweepers with some good pull over places for breaks. Blood Mtn in North GA is fun as is Wolf Pen Gap, but both are day long rides. There are tons of roads in the area.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts