Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
4.27sec 40yrd Dash
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If Yamaha designers care or even look at these forums and take some ideas from enthusiast like us.

This is for everyone's input in what you think the 2012 4th Generation R6 should look like. Exterior only please. Not Engine.

My thoughts,

Fairings: Keep the mid fairing idea but maybe design it a little different. Like make it come down to a "Z" or something like that. THAT BE HOT! Keeping some kind of mid fairing style will separate the bike from a 1st glance. That's what cool about the 3rd Gen from other bikes.

Headlights: Picture below is almost similar what I would like. Projector lights, sharp and simple. But Don't bring the bezels(black area) too close to the middle. It looks like it has a built in turn signals too. NICE, I like, I like. I do like the windscreen too :)

Overall I hope Yamaha keeps the bike looking sharp/sleek.

(Below Pic)Just don't make it look like this because it looks too much like a Ducati :( :thumbdown

Post up your ideas:) Photoshop/Render would be awsome :)

·
Premium Member
20,431 Posts
Need more power! Maybe take tips from this guy?

·
4.27sec 40yrd Dash
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^^ :poke dude I asked for exterior only!...?

Hablas engles? Lol

·
Premium Member
20,431 Posts
LOL..

I am still on the fence if I want the R1 style lights or not... I think the 6 and the 1 should have something that sets them apart.. right now minus the exhaust there is not much left.

·
4.27sec 40yrd Dash
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL..

I am still on the fence if I want the R1 style lights or not... I think the 6 and the 1 should have something that sets them apart.. right now minus the exhaust there is not much left.
Ya like wise +1. That's why they gotta keep somekind of mid fairing in there and shorten the headlight if they do a R1 style. Or even make it a little smaller in height and less on the width

·
My R6 eats you.
7,563 Posts
Current design is perfect, easy to take things off and get to the engine. The design you have completely covers the sides.

·
[ NocturnaL ]
340 Posts
If Yamaha designers care or even look at these forums and take some ideas from enthusiast like us.

This is for everyone's input in what you think the 2012 4th Generation R6 should look like. Exterior only please. Not Engine.

My thoughts,

Fairings: Keep the mid fairing idea but maybe design it a little different. Like make it come down to a "Z" or something like that. THAT BE HOT! Keeping some kind of mid fairing style will separate the bike from a 1st glance. That's what cool about the 3rd Gen from other bikes.

Headlights: Picture below is almost similar what I would like. Projector lights, sharp and simple. But Don't bring the bezels(black area) too close to the middle. It looks like it has a built in turn signals too. NICE, I like, I like. I do like the windscreen too :)

Overall I hope Yamaha keeps the bike looking sharp/sleek.

I like this!

However i agree that I don't think the headlights should be so similar to the R1. I like the projector, but def. would prefer a lens over the entire headlight.

·
R6 Pride
554 Posts
I'd prefer the one that has projector headlight, if im not mistaken the one on italian or france whatever website :confused: (someone posted the link before)

·
Just a dumb racer..
792 Posts
1 piece sides ftl.

I'm happy enough for them not to do a redesign until 2013, or do a redesign as long as my 08 blang still bolts up.

Won't be able to afford a new racebike for at least 12 months, the longer the 08 stays feasibly competitive the better.

·
Jesus Reigns
4,398 Posts
Eh, the concept looks iffy. I'd rather go back to projection headlights for the new one.

And yeah USArmy, I like how the intake is on the 3rd gen's

·
Premium Member
20,431 Posts

·
4.27sec 40yrd Dash
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Premium Member
17,965 Posts
I like this...

Really still the same minus the headlights. Rear sets need to be black and I'd honestly like some more change.. I was at a dealer recently and I have to say, the Yamaha's really didn't impress next to the new gsxr's and cbr's... The R1 hasn't looked good for years and the 6 for some reason didn't do ti for me this time around..

·
RIDE, SURF, L )VE
12,698 Posts
PC the rearsets at the factory! it will make everything cleaner from the start. cheap mod or not, that's a great addition to the bike

·
Jesus Reigns
4,398 Posts
The GSXR's always look good. But the 08+ CBR 1000's look fugly

1 - 20 of 66 Posts