Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
6,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the insurance company totalled out my bike. I will be fixing the bike and selling it with a salvage title. The bike is straight, and I have most of the parts to (almost) make it pretty again. After selling the bike and with the insurance money, I should end up with around $6 grand.

I have been seeing 08's and '09's for around $6-$6.5K, pretty much stock. The problem is I won't be able to put anything into them (specifically tuner and exhaust) since I am gonna have a few hefty medical bills from my accident.

The other option is an 06 or 07, which I have been able to find for around $5K. This would leave me some funds to set up the bike a bit. The issue I have here is mainly the bottom end issues. The bike will get some track use, and I don't want to have an engine failure.

There are a couple of other ways I might go, but I wanted to get some input on these two options.

·
Premium Member
939 Posts
Go 08-09. The 08 specifically has a decent chunk of more power than the 06-07. Basically its as powerfull stock as my 07 with full bolt ons. You can then put money into mods later down the line.

·
AFM #327
15,209 Posts
08 and 09 will be about the same after a full exhaust and a good tune. Go with the newer model. 08/09's have a bit more lower end than the 06/07's. Also the frame and lot more stuff was improved for the 08/09's. Main reason I chose 08 after selling my 07, even though I'm not a racer :laugh

·
Go Ahead
2,705 Posts
08-09, coming from a guy with an 06. I think the 06's look better, but the 08+ dont have as many problems.

-Ant.

·
Sticky-side-down.
465 Posts
I think both bike look equallly sweeeet. If a 08+ = a 07 with full system than that sounds awesome. Only the 07 came in the charcoal grey though.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts