Votes: 8 23.5%
  • study abroad in France for the entire month of July

Votes: 26 76.5%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
sit back and enjoy
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok if you guys haven't heard, the dates for laguna seca 2009 have been decided. July 3-5th!!! INDEPENDENCE DAY!
so here's my dilemma, i have to decide whether i want to go study abroad in France with a friend for a month (July 1-31) or Laguna Seca 2009.

studying abroad is the chance of a lifetime, my friend is going to be there, it will look good when i start my career, it's only two classes and i'll get 12 units for it.

on the other hand, LAGUNA SECA on the 4th of July!!! need i say more?!

·
Can't drag ****.
554 Posts
yeah go abroad man, i would love to travel and laguna seca will always be around ... well until california bans gasoline

·
my ninja 250r eats me
238 Posts
i'm not sure but i think that leguna seca will probably happen again in 2010. studying overseas sounds like a once in a lifetime type of thing. i'd do the france thing...how 'bout this - you go to france and i'll take your spot at leguna seca.

·
I eat YOUR MOM
2,111 Posts
laguna seca would be awesome ... but is not a chance of a life time, studying abroad France is.
its a no brainer:screwy you will learn, help your career. plus you'll might have a lot of fun there too :drink :hump

·
Hey Guy
5,290 Posts
Do you leave all major life decisions to the mercy of forums?
Or, did you just want to inform us that you have the option to do one of two cool things...

·
Premium Member
30,458 Posts
france in july is going to be miserable. if you're not staying at a place with an a/c, you're fcuked. been there in early august... had to take a freezing cold shower to cool off then hope to get about 3 hours sleep before waking up sweaty (no a/c). i say study abroad somewhere else, or there but maybe in the spring. that's just me... then again, i would NEVER go back to france. a filthy place (imo)

·
Registered
238 Posts
No contest, go to France, once in a lifetime experience. Seca will be back year after year. Not to mention, experience and a good resume will lead to a good job to support your riding and trips. No dough, no bikes...

·
R is for respect!
1,623 Posts
study abroad or two.lol

·
Premium Member
30,458 Posts
^^^kinda what i was hinting at earlier. hell, even london would be better. maybe that's just me. i've been to all the "spots" that tourists go to in europe (at least most of them) and paris was my VERY VERY least favorite. munich (at around the end of september/first of october) my VERY VERY FAVORITE (something called "october fest" or something???) :lmao

·
Registered
932 Posts
France isnt as bad as people make it out to be. I took 3 years of French and learned a ton, sure some of the people are snobby towards Americans (as most of Europe) but France has so much history and so much culture. If you go over there which you should, you need to try and visit as many things as possible.

·
sit back and enjoy
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks everyone for replying. i know studying abroad is the better of the two, but i just got back from laguna seca and i'm all hyped up about it. i'm going to plan on studying abroad, but if for whatever reason i can not go, then laguna for suree!

·
Lets ride.
4,371 Posts
Go to France, watch at least one stage of the Tour de France, and see if there is a local motorcycle race in France. Or if all else fails, tour France via motorbike one weekend while you are there. Just be sure to take plenty of pics while you are there and post them up!

·
I whore my R6
1,874 Posts
thanks everyone for replying. i know studying abroad is the better of the two, but i just got back from laguna seca and i'm all hyped up about it. i'm going to plan on studying abroad, but if for whatever reason i can not go, then laguna for suree!
go do something youve already done or do something you might never get to do again...........ugh:dunce:

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
BAH, if it were any place other than France, I'd say study abroad.
MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY! The french guys we work with around here are DICKS:mad:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts