Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is well known or not, I found out recently. Most states and insurance company are letting you take the course online. I am paying 34 dollars for mine and it's really a lot more convenient.

You need to have it open for the 6 hours but you can do it at your time and at intervals that work for you. Mine is counting down right now ;)

My mother used one that made you answer questions randomly to make sure you were there, mine has not done this, it just makes you sit through pre-determined timings on each chapter..

Not sure if this is common knowledge by now, hopefully this helps some of you guys ;)

This is the one I'm doing, seems ok so far..
http://www.myimprov.com/

·
Premium Member
17,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I took it a few years ago in college and a first grader could have passed it. Super easy and non-stressful.
Oh yea, it's a piece of cake. I've just been holding off because I did NOT want to spend 6 hours in a classroom :)

·
Sex and Bikes Go Together
1,222 Posts
does this give you a discount? Like on top of the msf course discount

·
Premium Member
17,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
does this give you a discount? Like on top of the msf course discount
Geico will use this for both my car and bike discount. I believe it's at least 10%.

Maybe your insurance adds another, or maybe they require this for car and the MSF for bike.. I guess you would have to ask.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Funny you posted this because I just took mine last week. I took the AARP one because it was the cheapest ($27), but in retrospect I should've spent $5 more and took the improv one. The AARP course was designed for older folks, you have to keep clicking through the slides, and they make you call a number to verify every 30 minutes or so.

·
Two wheelin fun
180 Posts
Each new page in the course highlight everything, copy, and paste it into MS word. When the test comes around, use "key words" from each question and do a find in the word document to narrow down and find the answer. 100% every time. :YEA Your welcome. :toocool:

·
Premium Member
17,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Each new page in the course highlight everything, copy, and paste it into MS word. When the test comes around, use "key words" from each question and do a find in the word document to narrow down and find the answer. 100% every time. :YEA Your welcome. :toocool:
Exactly what I am doing. Half way through it and I'm at work :)

·
My staff is a good one
100 Posts
Jmejiaa, are you going through: BDI (BASIC DRIVER IMPROVEMENT?

It is making mention of "if you have a ticket..." in the entry points. Is this the defensive driving course? I don't have any tickets so can I still do this?

·
Two wheelin fun
180 Posts
Exactly what I am doing. Half way through it and I'm at work
Just make sure you jump back to the website for the course every now and then. If your curser doesn't move they have a pop up that asks you a question to make sure your not "doing exactly what were doing"

·
Premium Member
17,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Jmejiaa, are you going through: BDI (BASIC DRIVER IMPROVEMENT?

It is making mention of "if you have a ticket..." in the entry points. Is this the defensive driving course? I don't have any tickets so can I still do this?
Yes, and you should receive a discount.

I will receive up to 4 points off my license, and a discount from Geico.

I think they only have one course in that link, it's the 6 hour NY defensive driver course.

·
Premium Member
17,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just make sure you jump back to the website for the course every now and then. If your curser doesn't move they have a pop up that asks you a question to make sure your not "doing exactly what were doing"
So far it's been letting me work through it just fine. Everytime I go to the next page it just asks me for my pw again.

Apparently they have some algorithm to see how you typed your password originally and how you keep doing it. I bet it's just based on speed, since most people type their own password really fast and if you were giving it to someone they would do it slower confirming it's right.

·
Premium Member
17,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I finished mine in one day during work by copying into word and using that for that quiz.

here is a code for anyone interested, they gave it to me at the end(5 dollars off)\
NY101

·
Ya wheelies is garbage!
5,935 Posts
Just been using defensivedriving.com it costs $25. Used it a few times over the past 5 years. Just got to make sure to go back to the site and go forward or back a page every 10 minutes or so because if you don't it will go idle and time you out, then you have to log back in and all that.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts