Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was cruising to work Monday morning around 6a.m. when my Ducati 848 lowsided on me in a corner I have taken hundreds of times before. There was no warning nothing, it just went out from under me. The bike and I went into a rock filled ditch. It turns out someone had spilled oil all over the corner. I was only doing 45 in an easy corner so I'm still baffled???? My helmet, riding jacket, gloves, boots, jeans, belt, laptop, and bike were all destroyed. There is 15,733 dollars in damage to the 848 so it's totalled. I have pictures but now I have to use my work computer till I get another laptop. I have a bit of road rash on my ass, but I doing good. I'm just really depressed about losing the bike of my dreams. Yes I had full coverage, but if a small wreck like this totalled it I don't want another one.
I'm just really pissed that I'm always preaching to people to be careful, and I was. Stupid crap happens when you least expect it!

·
My R6 has returned!!
1,930 Posts
Damn dude, your brave for being up and writing about it - I'd crawl in a hole somewhere for a month, then head out after the depression is replaced by withdrawl and get another 848 :)

good luck, sorry all of your gear and laptop had to share the misfortune :( better them than you though!

·
I eat YOUR MOM
2,111 Posts
that really sucks, but you can comfort yourself by knowing you did everything right. you were riding sensibly, doing the speed limit and you weren't in shorts and a T.
but the 848 are such sweet and nasty bikes..... thats a real kick in the balls...

·
R-Sex
422 Posts
glad to hear you're alright, sorry to hear about all the damage. i sure as hell wouldnt have told anyone about it!! haha. x2 on being sensible about things, at least you werent dressed like a squid.

·
Who eats a motorcycle?
3,096 Posts
sorry to hear that...
does insurance cover ur gear n laptop too?

·
Hey Guy
5,290 Posts
Goes to show that it can happen at any time. Some dumbass at my work told me that he doesnt have to wear gear because he's "Found his limit". F'in retard. Glad to hear you were more sensible...

·
Raven got its makeover
508 Posts
like everyone has said better the gear and bike than you for sure

i dont understand people that dont wear their gear...you look cooler wearing all your gear anyway. ever seen someone taking a nice corner with no helmet???

·
R Sexiness
1,139 Posts
sry to hear about the bike man.....glad your alright though and think no one really has to see your ass haha now rest for a while take the insurance money and go treat yourself to a shiny new 6 with some extra mods to it :)

·
No more side boob for you
1,136 Posts
Glad to here you are ok man. sry about the bike. i bet she served you well.

·
R is for respect!
1,623 Posts
glad you are ok.sorry about the bike

·
Registered
853 Posts
I was cruising to work Monday morning around 6a.m. when my Ducati 848 lowsided on me in a corner I have taken hundreds of times before. There was no warning nothing, it just went out from under me. The bike and I went into a rock filled ditch. It turns out someone had spilled oil all over the corner. I was only doing 45 in an easy corner so I'm still baffled???? My helmet, riding jacket, gloves, boots, jeans, belt, laptop, and bike were all destroyed. There is 15,733 dollars in damage to the 848 so it's totalled. I have pictures but now I have to use my work computer till I get another laptop. I have a bit of road rash on my ass, but I doing good. I'm just really depressed about losing the bike of my dreams. Yes I had full coverage, but if a small wreck like this totalled it I don't want another one.
I'm just really pissed that I'm always preaching to people to be careful, and I was. Stupid crap happens when you least expect it!
I call B.S.

Pics or it didn't happen. :popcorn:

·
Atom Smasher
861 Posts
i dont understand people that dont wear their gear...you look cooler wearing all your gear anyway. ever seen someone taking a nice corner with no helmet???
That just may be the most insightful thing I have read on this site!
Honestly I think it's brilliant!

Sorry to hear about the Duc, the 848 / 1098 series will be just as iconic as the 916/996/998 series --> all beautiful bikes.

But at least you were geared up, imagine how you would feel if your mellon hit the pavement @ 45 with no lid.

·
Super MOD
4,915 Posts
you should find out who spilled the oil, see if there is a trail that leads somewhere. my one buddy totalled his bike a couple years ago when i truck leaked potato oil all over the road and he high sided. they were able to follow the oil trail to where the truck was

·
Registered
394 Posts
First off, I'm glad you are ok and that you were wearing gear...

However, do you have pics? I would like to see pics...

1 - 20 of 105 Posts