Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i just installed my new exhaust and all i can say is wow!!!! THIS THING SOUNDS AWSOME. it actully sounds like a sport bike. install was very easy, took me about 20 min. i wish i could go riding all day just to hear it but i have to drive 2 hours north with my wife and daughter to my moms house for the day. anyway, the can kicksass and the carbon fiber matches the bikes black frame much better than the stock. i'm going to wake up tomorrow and ride first thing so i'll follow up with how the bike rides after a couple of hours with the pipe on.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i went riding for about 3 hrs this morning and i love this pipe.it sounds badass!! it also seems like the bike runs slightly smoother. like it runs thru the rms fater.as far as pictures, i dont know how to post a picture.

·
Registered
267 Posts
there's a sticky thread in the general discussions forum on how to post pics. which devil did you get? i got the OVO high mount from Hammy and absolutely love it.
:flame

·
Registered
1 Posts
R6RoadWarrior said:
there's a sticky thread in the general discussions forum on how to post pics. which devil did you get? i got the OVO high mount from Hammy and absolutely love it.
have you had any passengers since you installed the high mount? those devil high mounts look like they'd burn a passenger's leg a little if they didn't watch for the pipe.. I'm thinking about a low mount because my female friends love to take rides, but I like the extra ground clearance with the high mounts..

·
Something Clever
1,272 Posts
Just a cracker searching for a pipe here....does devil have a deep sound to it? nice and throaty is what I'm looking for and I haven't seen any on a bike around here.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
tripleTUNE said:
Just a cracker searching for a pipe here....does devil have a deep sound to it? nice and throaty is what I'm looking for and I haven't seen any on a bike around here.
yes they do.....they sound pretty friggin awesome...all the gixxers around here roll them and i seen them on a couple of R1's and they sound awesome....if you want loud n deep go with the SB2 the OVO is a little quieter and it's ungodly huge.....and the CF looks pimp as shit

·
Something Clever
1,272 Posts
the search nears an end.....I wanted micron blk to red fade, but the red i hear turns pink....then jardine, but no high mount....blue flame is a bit pricey....i think this may be it. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
i was torn between the BF and Devil....i went for the BF cuz no one has one around here.....and everone has a devil.....you can't beat the price on the devil....and both look super good.....

·
Registered
267 Posts
Kenny, just tell them to watch their tampon strings and you should be all good. actually, the passenger foot peg goes over the midpipe so unless they drag their feet they shouldn't get burned. i did a 180 mile poker run with my girl on the back and got no complaints about the pipe heat (the exhaust is another story :) ).

·
Registered
392 Posts
so out of these three exhausts...which one would sound the best...nice deep and throaty almost like that of a race bike/ ferrari? BF..devil or micron...don't even suggest D&D...I hate the way they sound...any good deals goin on right now for those pipes? spidermanss are you still having those specials on the micron?

·
Registered
134 Posts
DONT BUY MICRON, I have a micron High mount on my 01 R6. Its about a year old and its falling apart. Its loud as hell and it sounds like crap. The can is held together with these big rubber things that keep falling off and then it leaks and back fires. Micron said they dont cover that under their warranty. Just my opinion but all I know is THEY SUCK. I am lookin at the Leo Vince High mount and the Devil High mount now.

·
FL45HM3
955 Posts
Suhas said:
Devil Sb2 High MOunt is the best .. ill have mine b4 ridin season
but i heard alota good thing about it :cheers
Same here! :cheers Unless for some reason I decide to go with the dual port carbon BF.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
i had the devil sb2 high mount on my r6...It is the best!!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
jasamb said:
i had the devil sb2 high mount on my r6...It is the best!!!
Same here. Had it on my 2002 and i will buy the same to my 2005. No question about it. Too bad i had to sell the can with the bike... :(

1 - 19 of 19 Posts