Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
UrADingDong
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I went tire shopping today and came across the diablo rosso's. Guy told me $205 mounted (rear tire). How good are these tires? and is this a good deal?

·
Registered
120 Posts
$205 is pretty cheap...i was tire shopping last week n i seen it was a average for $240, more of a commuting tire than a aggressive street tire...

·
I m starting to eat my R6
790 Posts
price is ok
in my area to install the tire (take off the wheel, mount new tire, balance, and install everything back on the bike) costs $75/ea.
so u'd be getting the rear tire for like 130 + labor @ 75 is a good deal to me....

·
Rootabaker da R6 King
234 Posts
price is ok
in my area to install the tire (take off the wheel, mount new tire, balance, and install everything back on the bike) costs $75/ea.
so u'd be getting the rear tire for like 130 + labor @ 75 is a good deal to me....
Damnnn 75.00 each thats 150.00 after you do 3 - 4 sets of tires you could've brought a No Mar tire changer

·
Registered
337 Posts
Cycle Gear charged me $20 a tire to mount

·
Registered
458 Posts
50 to swap a tire here 20 to just mount it

·
UrADingDong
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I went ahead and did it. $167 for the tire and $38 mounting ($205 out the door). I love that tire, I was glued to the road after I broke it in a little. Rosso's are some damn nice street tires.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I like my rosso's so far:D got my track day in a month so I am sure I will enjoy them some more

·
Premium Member
18,792 Posts
Rosso are good for streets if that is what you are going to use them for. Otherwise you might want to look at Corsa III...if you plan on tracking your bike.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Rosso are good for streets if that is what you are going to use them for. Otherwise you might want to look at Corsa III...if you plan on tracking your bike.
Agreed, I've ran 1:44 sec times at Fontana with Corsa III's, they are pretty awesome street/track day tires.

I couldnt find me a good deal on some dunlops 209 Ntec's or the new 211's so I got a set of BT002 Pro's for this weekend. Hope they hold up to their hype! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts