Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 with 30,000+ miles on it and just recently started getting the error code 46 and 13 . When i start the bike cold the far left header (if your standing on the shift side looking forward to the front of bike) is not hot and will not get hot. When this issue started i was running it hard (fast as **** boi hard) and the temp outside was cold af. The diag. code says its a Intake Air Pressure sensor fault . Im thinking its the coil pak or plug and not the sensor. Ive got a full yoshi exhaust , new air filter, has block off plates and i just finshed lapping and polishing the heads and valves. The code 46 is what is causing me to second guess my common sense. Has anyone got any ideas or suggestions on this issue ?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hi there,

Code 46 is improper voltage, either that is too much or too little

Grab yourself a multimeter, remove the seat, test the battery charge with the bike shut-off

It should be 13.X-12.X , now start the bike, it will drop then rise (atleast it should) to 14-14.3/14.5 (reving to 5-6k)

Does it hit 14.3-14.5V while reving?

If it doenst, your stator is toasted,

If it goes ABOVE (14.5) then your rectifier is toasted.

Both of them, triger the code 46.. so you have to grab the multimeter, and test.

If you find out that it´s the stator, (or the previous test point to a stator problem) you can then resistance test it, at the connection plug (comming from left-side engine cover) again with a multimeter, to double-check it´s bad.
But it seems like you may have excess voltage (rectifier problems)

Fix 46 first , bc if it´s too much voltage, you´re just gonna continue to ruin electronics.. And.. eventually the ECU.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
In addition to the above, look for rubbed through wire harnesses. Wire harnesses that aren't properly secured are subject to abrasion damage. The manual has diagrams that depict how and were to route wires, cables, lines, as well as how and where to secure them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts