Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im realll bored and waiting for school to start so im just going to do the angel eyes. Im sorry if this was posted but i tried real hard to find it....BUT what are the diameter of the rings going to be for the 03-05 gen? i dont feel like taking apart the whole assembly before i make the rings..so if anyone has done them for this gen and remembers let me know!!!

·
PhotoChopper
2,369 Posts
im realll bored and waiting for school to start so im just going to do the angel eyes. Im sorry if this was posted but i tried real hard to find it....BUT what are the diameter of the rings going to be for the 03-05 gen? i dont feel like taking apart the whole assembly before i make the rings..so if anyone has done them for this gen and remembers let me know!!!
I need to know this too, I heard it was about the size of a redbull can , but I am not sure. If you find out, hit me up with a PM :popcorn:

-Twiz

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
If I remember correctly, its 2.75 inches, a tad short of 70 mm. I am working on the projector mod for my 07 using a set of projectors from an 05. I made angel eyes for them using plastic curtain rods. If you want the rings to rest perfectly on top of the metal projector ring then use a glass votive candle holder like the one in the attached picture. I got one like this from walmart for about a buck and its the perfect diameter.

Also just fyi, shower curtain rings fit perfectly on the projector also but I think they are too thick for angel eyes and I can't find any that are completely cylindrical (i think thats a word). Most of them have a flat inside edge, see attached picture.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts