Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought this Scotts Steering damper from ebay for about 350 (ya i know its a lil much but oo well) anyways the guy advertises it as 03-08 scotts steering damper heres the link http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=001&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=110239773904&rd=1

anyways i get it in and I go to the moto shop to get it installed and the guy tells me that its not the right one becuase its only for 05 and below (I have the 06 50th) and 06 and above R6S... but when I emailed the guy i bought it from he said he had it on his 07 r6 and it was not an S......So I dont know if the guy is stupid or if the guy I bought it from is pulling my leg....then the guy at the shop ask me if I want to sell it for 200 because his friend just bought an 08 r6s... could you guys tell from the pics?

thanks

(P.S. If it is for the S, I would be willing to sell it so i can get a new gpr which takes no drilling)

·
Intermediate Knee Dragger
1,309 Posts
I just checked the pictures on the Scotts website and it looks like that is the mount for the S model. At least one of the brackets is different for the other R6 model. You can buy the correct mounting kit if you want to keep your Scotts, but the mounting kit is expensive too ($150 from their website).

Looking at the pics, I can't see any way that the damper in the pictures would have fit on an 07 R6. Then again, I can't think of any reason to have a damper installed and then "use it for like a month and never really use it again" as the seller mentions in his auction. Unless the guy is parting out a stolen bike...

·
Rootabaker da R6 King
234 Posts
I'm pretty sure you didn't get screwed the 06-08 Scotts damper requires you to drill two holes in the frame my buddy has one on his and everything in the pic looks the same on his

·
Dragging Knee
1,604 Posts
Sell it don't drill the frame get one that does not require any drilling.

·
This is not my ass
1,355 Posts
Yeah it will work, drill holes in frame, that's why I didn't get a GPR, drilling required, I put a hyperpro on(NO Drilling) If your cool with drilling holes in your frame, that your time, GL.

·
Registered
71 Posts
how did you pay for it? If it is through paypal you can email him and tell it doesnt work as advertised and you want a refund and if he refuses file a complaint with paypal and they will get your money back. I do it all the time when people think that they can rip me off on ebay!

·
Registered
482 Posts
it looks like it will bolt up to a 03-05 r6 tank bracket. however it doesnt look like it will bolt to anything on the 06-08 unless there is some way to drill it, but u wouldnt find me drilling holes in my frame for a damper!

go hyper pro active damper!

·
FAST 07 RED R6
200 Posts
Yeah it will work, drill holes in frame, that's why I didn't get a GPR, drilling required, I put a hyperpro on(NO Drilling) If your cool with drilling holes in your frame, that your time, GL.
ummm...no drilling required for the GPR V4 which i bought...:drink

·
Registered
36 Posts
thats not the right 1 for you, thats for the R6s. If it was the right 1 he should have sent you the tap and the bits to drill and tap the frame which he didn't. I would go the paypal route and try to get me money back. GL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts