Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all.

I've been riding a Suzuki GS500 for the past year and I finally decided to take the 600cc plunge :mrgreen:

I picked up an R6 from an acquaintance of mine for what I thought was a fair price (I'll post in a bit what I paid, but I don't want to slant your responses to my question). The bike is as follows:

2001 R6
7000 miles
Blue
Stage 1 Jet Kit
Micron slip-on pipe (sounds like a BEAST :mrgreen: )
Custom painted rear-hugger, chain gaurd and fairing accents (basically, every part of the bike that was flat black is now gloss black)
Gear indicator
Blue windscreen
Fender eliminator
Flush-mount front and rear signals
Audiovox MA200 alarm installed
New rear tire just installed.
Carbs synched and valves checked seasonally (he really took care of the bike well)
bike is in showroom condition, runs very well.. nice smooth power-band
I'm living in Pennsylvania, if that makes any difference

so experts, what do you think is a fair price for this bike?

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
$5250

Be careful, don't want to scratch up such a pretty bike

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey guys... thanks for the replies....

I paid 5650 for it... came at him with 5500, he countered with 5800 and we met halfway...maybe a wee bit over what I should have paid. I made him the offer in early November, when I thought I'd have a few weeks to a month to ride, but some notary crap fell through and the deal didn't get done until last week, so I hauled it home just in time for the season's first snow :cuss

I didn't want to bunge up the deal by actin' like a prick and trying to renegotiate over a coupla hundred bucks (remember, I know this guy, and State College is a small town), so I went with the original deal. He's been really helpful too, tossing in all his extra crap... carb synch tool, chain lube, original can and signals. Its cool though.. I'm happy, and I got the bike I wanted for a decent price... now if this WHITE DIRT would just hurry up and go away!!!

·
Registered
283 Posts
That price in Oz would be a bargain. 2nd hand prices over here must be a lot higher. That bike over here I would estimate at $9000 to $10000 au. Thats $6600 to $7400 us. There aren't as many 2nd handers going around over here which obviously hikes the price up. There is no low season to bring the prices down either. I checked the price on www.redbookcom.au and it came back with $9000 - 10700au. Our new price on an '03' is $13000au or $9600us at the moment. How does that compare?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sweet!!! thanks guys. I'm dyin' to get my hands on a digital camera and a nice day so I can snap some pics and get a more appropriate avatar posted :mrgreen: Apologies for the 500cc twin-cylinder travesty that's up now.. but its the best bike pic I've got, and truth be told... the GS is a pretty nice ride in the serious twisties where HP gives way to flickability and handling.

anyhow... its good to be an R6'er I'm lookin' forward to a kicka$$ season in '04

:worship

·
max speed
242 Posts
vtlion said:
anyhow... its good to be an R6'er I'm lookin' forward to a kicka$$ season in '04

:worship
Yes so am I :jump I'm more excited to ride now then I have ever been in the last three years :mrgreen: The new bike sitting in my living room helps I guess :poke keeps me stoked seeing it every day :pimp

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.