Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1999 YZF-R6

This problem happened today when i started to go for a ride. I rolled my bike out of the garage started it up, warmed it up, put my gear on, and clicked into first and it died. I had my kickstand up and clutch in. I rode all night yesterday fine with no issues. The only thing i had done was put it on a charger overnight, automatic shutoff charger, so i pulled the kickstand switch off, checked for anything abnormal, touched the two wires together, and still nothing, Also did the same with my clutch switch at the bars and still nothing. Any info would be a great help.
Thanks Paul

·
Registered
448 Posts
Unplug the switch, its the green (I think)connector under the seat and try it again. I feel like its in the switch unless the bike jumps when you put in in gear. If its jumping, like it wants to take off, then I would say your clutch needs to be adjusted.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i took my kickstand switch apart again sprayed the bag out of it with brake cleaner and lubed it back up with grease and it seemed to work fine. I dont know what i did exactly but its working fine. But thats for your help

·
Registered
88 Posts
jondough, you giving him info on the neutral safety switch?

mine does the same damn thing but I unhooked the switch under the seat and put both wires together but it does the same thing??? mines an 06

·
Registered
448 Posts
jondough, you giving him info on the neutral safety switch?

mine does the same damn thing but I unhooked the switch under the seat and put both wires together but it does the same thing??? mines an 06

Im not sure an 06 is exactly the same. But on mine, a 00, you just unplug the plug to disable the switch. You dont need to connect the wires, in fact, I think, that will cause the bike to die when in gear. Try just unplugging the connection and see if that works for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts