Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
My R6 eats you.
7,563 Posts
It's not too hard, a little frustrating. Basically you'll pull the old cover off (like 100 bolts), and you'll see the stator held in by 3 hex bolts and the wire retainer held in by another hex bolt. Pull the stator and wire retainer out and bolt it in the new cover. The wire from the stator goes through the top of the cover and you'll need some silicone sealant on both sides to keep it sealed. Remove the old gasket, clean the surface and replace with a new gasket. Bolt that sucker back on and you're done. Watch your fingers, the stator is a high powered magnet and when you put the cover back on it tends to pull it strongly.

·
Registered
6,864 Posts
Good luck. Be very careful unscrewing the bolts to the harness band stator. We have yet to get them all out without stripping some and we've done this multiple times. Those torx bolts Can be a bish.

·
My R6 eats you.
7,563 Posts
Good luck. Be very careful unscrewing the bolts to the harness band stator. We have yet to get them all out without stripping some and we've done this multiple times. Those torx bolts Can be a bish.
I didn't have an issue once I found the right adapter.

·
Premium Member
2,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Hopefully I will know what guys are talking about once I get in there. I will refer back to this thread once I get ready to take apart lol. Lessons learned are always good to refer too. :toocool: Any recommendations on where to buy track plastics at....at a low cost of course. I have been searching ebay and only came up with ITRACK plastics for $275, not sure of the quality though.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/YAMAHA-YZFR6-08-09-BODYWORK-FAIRING-SET-R6-2008-2009-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3f0469dc04QQitemZ270656986116QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

·
Registered
6,864 Posts
I didn't have an issue once I found the right adapter.
you seem pretty good at that shit though...i have done nothing but strip those damn torx bolts and cut my hand to shreds over and over again when working on that stator side.
Hopefully I will know what guys are talking about once I get in there. I will refer back to this thread once I get ready to take apart lol. Lessons learned are always good to refer too. :toocool: Any recommendations on where to buy track plastics at....at a low cost of course. I have been searching ebay and only came up with ITRACK plastics for $275, not sure of the quality though.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/YAMAHA-YZFR6-08-09-BODYWORK-FAIRING-SET-R6-2008-2009-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3f0469dc04QQitemZ270656986116QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
go on wera and search optimal race fairings. They do $345 shipped to your door for a decent quality fairing. Probably best bang for your buck right there. I would hurry up though as the season is about to start.

·
slow guy
4,409 Posts
I had problems with my torx bolts as well, 2 of 3 came out fine the other one was a bear:curse I replaced mine with button head cap screws. No need for torx head screws in there.

·
Registered
6,864 Posts
I had problems with my torx bolts as well, 2 of 3 came out fine the other one was a bear:curse I replaced mine with button head cap screws. No need for torx head screws in there.
The one that gave me problems more than once was the one holding the clamp/harness thing that holds the wires out of the stator. I did the exact same thing you did by replacing them.

sorry we're whoring up this thread but at least its useful info.

·
slow guy
4,409 Posts
The one that gave me problems more than once was the one holding the clamp/harness thing that holds the wires out of the stator. I did the exact same thing you did by replacing them.

sorry we're whoring up this thread but at least its useful info.
:cheers

Bah it's just a thread about DB, we should be whoring it up in here :laugh

1 - 14 of 14 Posts