Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if any of you guys bother to lose weight or hit the gym to prepare for doing the first trackdays of the season.

I'm 6' 193 and I plan to be lean out to 175 before I do Road A in June,
my thinking is that I will be able to ride better with less exhaustion if I'm in top shape.

·
pin it to win it
8,081 Posts
Being in shape will def help.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jmejiaa; I've lost 40 lbs so far and can't wait to see how different the bike will fell..[/QUOTE said:
I hope after all that effort that your bike will not "fell",lol

I know what you meant, but I could not resist.

·
Why yes I don't!!!!!!!!!!
4,809 Posts
Ive been riding alot of dirt/off road. Soon as my leg heals Ill be back on a moutain bike.
Arm strength isnt as important as core and legs. Tis why I like dirt biking good way to work on body position.

·
Premium Member
30,470 Posts
i drink a lot the night before, then crap out the booze and any remaining food the following morning. i don't feel good, but dangit, it's tradition. :laugh

seriously though. until this year, i've had at least a mild hangover every trackday start. now that i'm instructing i have to be "on it" from the get go. BOOOOOOOO.

chocolate covered mini-donuts ftw! :D

so what, i'm a fat kid?!

·
My R6 eats you.
7,565 Posts
I've actually had to gain weight/muscle for this season. On a three day strength training rotation with cardio in between. The cardio hinders my gains a bit, but helps with the longer races, especially in the heat. I usually skip a day before the race weekend so I'm not sore. High protein diet, and hydrate like a mofo a few days before a race weekend.

However, I know guys that drink brews and sit on their asses all winter and are still faster than me.

·
I named my dog Rossi.
294 Posts
There's no better reminder of the importance of being in "bike" shape than that first ride after the off season. My leg muscles kill me.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Diet before a trackday? Shit, I've been dieting the last 4 months dude!

A crash diet before the season isn't the best idea. It's ideal to get your body in tune for endurance months prior to starting the season. You should be eating lean proteins, low fat foods and try to cut out all simple sugars out of your diet. It's also important to eat at least 1 banana a day a week prior to a race weekend or track day. Riding drains you, it's important to keep your potassium levels up!

You should also be doing stints of cardio. Low impact being: dirt biking, bicycling, elliptical. You can run too.

·
Premium Member
30,470 Posts
my "diet?" haha... before i started instructing it was about 8 beers and a couple whiskey dranks. now, it's only 4 beers. :| stupid responsibility.

·
Team STG Racing
337 Posts
If you are lifting heavy weights for size and strength, you are doing it wrong.

I have lifted weights my whole life and came into the GNF at the end of October weighing 235lbs. I was strong as an ox and didnt have alot of bodyfat...but i was too big. I hadnt done enough cardio and wasnt flexible enough.

I rode like ass and was tired after 5 laps. Even though i had been working out like a maniac, i hadnt been doing motorcycle-specific workouts.

Since then, i have lost 50lbs (alot of that being muscle) and do 2-3 cardio sessions every day.

Now im 185, alot more athetic, more flexible and with much more stamina. It has made a huge difference in how i feel on the bike and with my riding.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Chaotic; Now im 185 said:
I totally agree with you, I'm starting at 193 and aiming for 175 or 180, I will be running a few miles a couple times a week, so I won't be tired after a 20minute session on the track.

·
pin it to win it
8,081 Posts
I carb load the days before a track day and don't eat much while I'm there. I swim a lot and ride about 20-30miles a day on a bike. 5'11 and 150lbs in full gear, can't gain weight for shit. I take in at least 3k cal a day

·
Registered
79 Posts
I carb load the days before a track day and don't eat much while I'm there. I swim a lot and ride about 20-30miles a day on a bike. 5'11 and 150lbs in full gear, can't gain weight for shit. I take in at least 3k cal a day
You will not gain weight if you ride that much in a day unless you are eating an obnoxious amount of calories. 3k is nothing if you are trying to gain weight. Sadly, the only way you will gain weight is if you cut back on your exercise and intake even more calories. Eat six meals a day.

Sent from my Acer Iconia A500 using Motorcycle.com App

·
iRun
33,319 Posts
i drink a lot the night before, then crap out the booze and any remaining food the following morning. i don't feel good, but dangit, it's tradition. :laugh

seriously though. until this year, i've had at least a mild hangover every trackday start. now that i'm instructing i have to be "on it" from the get go. BOOOOOOOO.

chocolate covered mini-donuts ftw! :D

so what, i'm a fat kid?!
:laugh

I pick up a gallon of water from wally world and DON'T refrigerate it.. That way I can slam it throughout the day. Try taking down a quart of ice cold water, then try slamming a quart of luke-warm water and tell me which was easier. :fact

Also, I bring granola bars to the track. As far as the day before, just normal food. No flaming-hot buffalo blow-it-out-your-ass-the-next-day stuff.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts