Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Boom goes the dynamite
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for ways to lighten up my 07 track bike. Have a Moty battery already, thinking about taking the fans off and going with a race harness.

Any other useless crap I can take off to lean her up? Or any other suggestions on aftermarket crap that could save some weight for not a lot of change?

·
iRun
33,319 Posts
Remove catalytic converter. 15 pounds right there.

·
Parts Pimp
26,472 Posts
There are lists that have been posted before. Search one out.

Easy things: horn, passenger pegs, lightened rear rotor, al sprocket and 520 chain. There's pounds right there. The list goes on and on

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com forum app

·
Boom goes the dynamite
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info, and I'll do a search.

I'd hate to have to use the crapper after JTolles... the cat is pretty damn heavy! lol

·
iRun
33,319 Posts
You're so close to Road America that it hurts... Please tell me you go there.

·
Is this a segment?
17,690 Posts
You could take a crap at the beginning of the day and save more weight than you would trying to take off stuff.
That took longer than I expected it to.

That's assuming everyone on a bike has a beer gut.

Let'se see:
Keyless Ignition system
block off plates
Buy a Spectrum battery off my buddy
Aftermarket Titanium Exhaust
remove excess wiring crap.
Fans
horn
520 kit
kick stand assembly
:werd

Once the exhaust is removed you can also remove the exup crap.
Aftermarket titanium LOTS of stuff
Magnesium or CF wheels :sing

·
Boom goes the dynamite
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You're so close to Road America that it hurts... Please tell me you go there.
Just moved from Madison last summer! Got to hit my first track day at RA last Thursday and camped out for the AMA's all weekend :toocool:
Had a rear bearing go out in the second session and made it home and back in a little over 2 hours to get my spare wheel. Never leaving spare crap at home again, but at least I was close enough and didn't loose a whole day.

I do have the basics done to the bike already like race plastics, 520 kit, y-pipe etc. Looking for useless stuff on the bike I may have overlooked like the fans and stuff. I'll be sure to take a load off before I head out too:poke

·
iRun
33,319 Posts
You busy tomorrow? Blackhawk Farms in South Beloit is running a $100 day tomorrow. I'll be the slowest one there. :fact

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,823 Posts
Headlights....fill the tires with nitrogen
:laugh Nitrogen in the tires doesnt make the bike lighter:bowroll It makes the tires less prone to pressure change and air loss due to the larger molecules...:bowroll

·
iRun
33,319 Posts
I think he meant helium. :sing

·
Boom goes the dynamite
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You busy tomorrow? Blackhawk Farms in South Beloit is running a $100 day tomorrow. I'll be the slowest one there. :fact
Used up my vacation on Mardi Gras and a few other track days already otherwise I'd be there... Have a $50 credit from the first rained/oiled out Motovid day a few weeks ago too I wish I could use.

·
iRun
33,319 Posts
Used up my vacation on Mardi Gras and a few other track days already otherwise I'd be there... Have a $50 credit from the first rained/oiled out Motovid day a few weeks ago too I wish I could use.
You could give it to me. :sing

1 - 16 of 16 Posts