Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
if you're just looking for a jet kit to get, get Ivan's. he's spent way more time testing and tuning his kits than the others.

If you're unsure, give him a call and talk to him about you're needs.

if you are going to be the tuning yourself on a dyno and have the knowledge, don't buy any kit. just go buy the jets etc.. from your dealer.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ed said:
If you want it dynoed, try Mach 1 in Newport. They got a guy in the back that does dynos.
I was actually just there today. The problem is we had to try and figure out what year my bike actually was. The build date was 3/99 so I figured it was a 99, then one of the guys looked at the VIN and said its a 00 based on the 10th digit signifying a 0. Then someone on the forum said that Champion Edition is only built in 01? I'm so freakin confused. Mach 1 basically said that for different years some of the jet kits are better. Either dynojet (I was skeptical), Factory, or Ivans (which he didn't bring up).

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ed said:
If you want it dynoed, try Mach 1 in Newport. They got a guy in the back that does dynos.
I was actually just there today. The problem is we had to try and figure out what year my bike actually was. The build date was 3/99 so I figured it was a 99, then one of the guys looked at the VIN and said its a 00 based on the 10th digit signifying a 0. Then someone on the forum said that Champion Edition is only built in 01? I'm so freakin confused. Mach 1 basically said that for different years some of the jet kits are better. Either dynojet (I was skeptical), Factory, or Ivans (which he didn't bring up).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts