Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm looking into getting a full system for my bike, I've been looking into MJS but they're around 330 new and I've found other stainless steel systems for about 215 new. Anyone know the difference? Is it fitment? Sound? Any info would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
13 Posts
From what i remember about MJS headers, is that their headers are stock (painted black) with no cat converter. I'm in the market for a full system right now, but cant decide on which to get.

·
Why yes I don't!!!!!!!!!!
4,809 Posts
for what model?
The earlier model (03-05) headers with no catalytic inserts and box are what MJS based their design on. To install on a modern bike (06+) the flanges need to be bored ~1/8th" or so. Then the mid pipe will need to be extended.
I did this for a friend on a budget a few years ago.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I went through this last week. I was on the fence about MJS header or going for a full system $$$. - So i emailed MJS inquiring on the mail in rebate that i came across on this forum. (You send in your oem headers and they would credit you 85$ towards the one they supply) Turns out they stopped offering this 6 years ago lol... and they also use a cheaper stainless that will rust over time... that being said i went ahead and got the sawzall out and made the cut behind my muffler box. I ordered the m4 mid pipe to replace the muffler box and WOW what a weight savings and increase in sound. I used a 1" spade drill bit to hone out the honey comb cats in the headers, followed by a chisel and hammer to clean out anything the drill bit missed. From start to finish the project took less they 2 hours..

m4 mid pipe
yosh TRC
FT ecu
FT auto blipper
FT auto tune

1 - 4 of 4 Posts