Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats up everyone...
First off, i dont have and r6, i actually dont even have a yamaha i have a zx10r... but coming up 2011 i would like to start doing some track days and hear the r6 is one of the best track bikes out there and was thinking of maybe selling the ninja for one.

I really like how the 06 and newer look, but i know something changed in 08 can anyone let me know the difference between the r6 from 2006 and 2011

Thanks

·
off roadin' GARDEN SLAYA!
904 Posts
'08+ had some fairing changes but mechanically pretty much remained the same. The main differences other than bodywork are ECU changes to comply with federal regulations and the '08 model actually makes the most HP in stock form. If you plan on going with a Power Commander or something that is irrelevant because of the tuning capabilities that come with it.

EDIT: Forgot about the variable length intake stacks and the additions of the Yamaha Chip Controlled Throttle (YCC-T) and Yamaha Chip Controlled Intake (YCC-I) as mentioned below. Just added it up here since its the second post.

·
Because I Can
2,325 Posts
whats up everyone...
First off, i dont have and r6, i actually dont even have a yamaha i have a zx10r... but coming up 2011 i would like to start doing some track days and hear the r6 is one of the best track bikes out there and was thinking of maybe selling the ninja for one.

I really like how the 06 and newer look, but i know something changed in 08 can anyone let me know the difference between the r6 from 2006 and 2011

Thanks
08 has:
- black came with the greenish wheels
- the fairing bolts are not exposed
- the mirrors bolt to the fairing stay and not through the plastics (easier track removal)
- engine tweaks to slightly increase power
- rear tail is slightly different
- I hear it's a different shape of gas tank, but don't know for sure

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So from what you guys are saying, if i get an 06 with a pc it will perform just as good as the 08 and besides that its all looks right?

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
07s occasionally have engine problems...... 08+ is the only way to go in my opinon. When I was in the market and started a post like this everyone told me to go with the 08.

·
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
6,240 Posts
So from what you guys are saying, if i get an 06 with a pc it will perform just as good as the 08 and besides that its all looks right?
08 and up have variable length intake stacks (which is how they got the mid-range HP back)

·
YAMMY BEAST!
314 Posts
Yamaha chip Controlled Throttle (YCC-T)
and Yamaha Chip Controlled Intake (YCC-I)

have been added, and what ever else these others guys tell you also.
:fact

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I see i see, im going to look more into that, but thanks for the answers so far

·
Premium Member
20,431 Posts
wait wait..wait..

There is a difference? ... Why hasn't anyone told me of this?? Surprised no one has ever asked this before...

:sing

1 - 11 of 11 Posts