Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What exactly is the difference in lets say a two bros.header and the stock header on an 08 R6? From the ways it looks at least externally,its pretty much well designed.Ive heard people say that th aftermarket full exhaust dont put as much heat in your leg area as stock ,is this true?I know these are probably a bunch of newb questions but Im here to learn.

·
Deep Thinker
927 Posts
The stock header has baffling in it, which reduces the airflow. Aftermarket headers don not have this baffling, so you get more airflow, and more power.

·
Pretty much a big deal.
54 Posts
The stock header has baffling in it, which reduces the airflow. Aftermarket headers don not have this baffling, so you get more airflow, and more power.
Would "gutting" the factory exhaust manifold have the same effects as an aftermarket header?

2,456 Posts
MJSperformance.com they sell the stock headers with a Y-pipe welded on and its all nice and ceramic coated. theres no way a full system outflows this by much. if at all. and its WAY cheaper.

·
sha shaaa...!
2,383 Posts
i just posted my 04 header for sale or trade. it does not have the honeycomb or the catback. just a straight header. they changed it once they introduced the r6s. you will see the same gains with my stock 04 header compared to the mjs. make offer and lets DO THIS.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
MJSperformance.com they sell the stock headers with a Y-pipe welded on and its all nice and ceramic coated. theres no way a full system outflows this by much. if at all. and its WAY cheaper.
A full system puts out at LEAST 5-7 more hp than a MJS header, I would know, I had the MJS, and have the full now, you don't have the full so you can't knock the full systems and say they don't outflow MJS by much, when it's a very noticeable difference just riding the bike on the street.

2,456 Posts
A full system puts out at LEAST 5-7 more hp than a MJS header, I would know, I had the MJS, and have the full now, you don't have the full so you can't knock the full systems and say they don't outflow MJS by much, when it's a very noticeable difference just riding the bike on the street.
number 1 show me a dyno sheet..u cant.. imagine that.. number 2 just because u say it is OMG SO MUCH MORE POWER!! doesnt mean its not all in your head..number 3 u PAID for that feeling so of course your gonna say its so much better.. who wants to spend 1200$ or whatever u spent just to say damn im an idiot...and besides all of that-its 5 hp-u can go to the gym and lose some weight to equal out that power gain-it aint much.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
number 1 show me a dyno sheet..u cant.. imagine that.. number 2 just because u say it is OMG SO MUCH MORE POWER!! doesnt mean its not all in your head..number 3 u PAID for that feeling so of course your gonna say its so much better.. who wants to spend 1200$ or whatever u spent just to say damn im an idiot...and besides all of that-its 5 hp-u can go to the gym and lose some weight to equal out that power gain-it aint much.
Throw on a full system and lose weight and you doubled your gained hp. I'm sure someone has a dyno sheet for mjs vs full. It really is that much more, try and you'll see. Don't bash something you've never had.

2,456 Posts
yep ive never had a full system.. not a full micron-on my 03 600rr not a full vance and hines on my 96 yzf600- not a full two bros on my 02 954-never..:sing

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Ok buddy, you know everything. Leo, Akrapovic, Graves, etc... they all rob everyone and put out a bad product that does very little if not nothing more than stock. You get what you pay for, and paying a grand for an exhaust, you get a lot. If you didn't they wouldn't sell. They must be doing something right, especially when the economy is bad we still buy them for some odd reason...

·
Registered
161 Posts
F1aws is right. Your paying for the engineering that goes into a aftermarket pipe, not paying for some kid to butcher exhausts. Since your so smart capscooter, why does every use an aftermarket pipe, and not a single one runs a MJS? We all run aftermarket pipes because they are better and worth the price. And whats your problem, you just like attacked f1aws for no reason. Chill dude.

·
Zombies may bite!!!!
1,182 Posts
The r&d that goes into these aftermarket full systems take into acout for every bend, every curve, lenth and just about every aspect of the pipe to maximize performance gain, not only in hp but also backflow, cleanleyness of the burn, sound and sytle.

When you say just lose 5 lbs your not talking about unsprung weight so it will not have a dramatic effect of taking place of the 5-7hp you could be gaining from adding the aftermarket pipe.

I'm ssure thats what Graves told Ben, "yeah we will leave the pipe off just lose 5 lbs". lol

Yeah ok........

·
Registered
1 Posts
will the headers from on 05 fit perfect on the 06 non s?
That is actually a cool little mod called the '04 header mod.. there's a couple threads on it in theses forums. It requires very little modification to make it work. I personally just remove the O2 sensor and I'm waiting for a power commander and running it in the meantime and it runs fine.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts