Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Negative Ghostrider
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Need your help.. Differences in the R6???

Just wondering what the differences are in the R6 as far as performance and overall bike from the years 04 and up. I know in the R1, the 04 to 06 is pretty much the same bike and then they changed for 07 and 08.

The reason why I ask, is because I'm going to purchase a newer R6 I think as a nice beginners bike. I found an 05 Raven locally, which I really like. I know it's going to be fast enough either way, because I'm stepping up from a 1981 Honda CB750C and that thing is slow as balls! Just wondering if I should hold out and try to find an 06 or 07 for any particular reason.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Patrick

·
MACGYVER 05 R6 NJ
4,033 Posts
05 is good for the street because it has the power in the lower rpms. The 06-07 is a great bike but its more for the track because it has alot of power in the higher rpm range. + you can find more parts for the 05 cheaper.

·
Phi Phi K A
823 Posts
Is it me, or is this question getting really old?

USE THE SEARCH FEATURE!!! LOL

·
Negative Ghostrider
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Hector! :)

Is it me, or is this question getting really old?

USE THE SEARCH FEATURE!!! LOL
YIKES!! I actually did and really didnt find what I was looking for. If you have a specific thread I should look at, you could post it up for me instead of posting something like that.

Thanks though

·
Negative Ghostrider
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so can anyone direct me to some threads about this then? Cause I can't seem to find them. Im not looking for the difference between the R6 and the R6s or anything like that, just would like to know some differences in the years.

·
MACGYVER 05 R6 NJ
4,033 Posts
03-04 r6 the same
05 inverted forks bigger brakes remaped fuel injection better frame and front end.
06-08 r6s same as the 05 but with the 03 front end. Upgraded fuel map.
06-07 R6 same
08 R6 all new

·
Negative Ghostrider
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
03-04 r6 the same
05 inverted forks bigger brakes remaped fuel injection better frame and front end.
06-08 r6s same as the 05 but with the 03 front end. Upgraded fuel map.
06-07 R6 same
08 R6 all new
Hector! comin thru again. Thanks a lot! Very helpful

1 - 7 of 7 Posts