Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I like bbq sauce on my R6
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, bought my bike used a couple weeks ago. 05 with <1k miles. I know it sat for a while and I'm thinking bad gas maybe causing bad injectors , but would like some more input. Ran some injector cleaner through her, and now some 100 octane race gas.

In the morning (been around 60*) i try and start. It idles for a quick second then dies. It seems that if I give it some gas it'll start fine, but still struggles for a second.

After it settles in she runs fine. I'm taking it in for a mandatory inspection Tuesday, but thought I'd put a feeler out there.

tia.

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
hmmmm....sounds like to me it could be either an electrical problem (battery,starter)
maybe fuel pump? take your bike out for a long run...and lets see if the gas inside is still good..then fill the tank with new gas..

·
Registered
206 Posts
i woulda been skeptical when buying it also, 2005 with <1k miles on it?

i have personally witnessed bike mileage rolled down and problems etc covered up temporarily

·
I like bbq sauce on my R6
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hear ya on the skeptical thing. But the "girl" who owned it just didn't have time to ride it. It was in excellent physical condition. I had a good feeling.

I'll check the air filter out, thanks guys.

·
Registered
39 Posts
you got to first figure either electrical, fuel or air.

So when starting if possible watch the tachometer;

If the tachometer immediately drops to `0` you got to think electrical.

If the tachometer stumbles downward to `0` think fuel.

A bad battery particularly on some new cars cause all kind of driveability issues.

If the gas has been sitting in the tank for a year, then it kind of turns into a varnish that can clog & coat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts