Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was a thread not long ago about a guy who worked somewhere, the technique was to "dip" the parts into water and the stuff gets painted on.

I've seen this before and have no clue what to search for to get to it.

A buddy of mine at work has Ducati, the thing is beautiful and he has a ton of real carbon fiber parts on it.. he is missing a cover of some sort and has ordered like 4-5 off of eBay and they are never up to his quality standard. I was thinking someone could "dip" it into this carbon fiber pattern..

Thanks

·
Riding his own ride...
4,639 Posts
It's anodizing not paint if you dip it. You can only do it in solid colors though. Well, you can do some patterns, but it's not consistent and you have to be VERY VERY good (a pro) to do patterns. I've only seen larger patterns like camouflage as well. Nothing small like a cf look pattern.

·
Life is best beyond 10k
6,928 Posts
Interesting...thx for the link.
Any idea what metals it's available for and how hard it is on the metal?
I don't think it's just for metal. I've seen it done on plastic parts.

·
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
867 Posts
Yeah it can be done to any material ex. plastic dashboards, wheels, shotguns basically anything

·
Hakuna Matata, btches!
1,493 Posts
i started a thread bout carbon fiber fairings, and he posted a video of it

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
This has been done on all types of hunting gear (supply boxes, truck parts, gun stocks, atv parts, crossbows, etc) for years. Its really cool to see the process of them "dipping" it in the water/image and seeing a picture or pattern come out.

·
Moderator Narcissist
18,899 Posts
They had this featured for a bike they built on American Chopper. It was an 'off road' themed bike, and they put dirt bike fenders on it and stuff. They got the fenders as well as some other pieces done with this hydro-film thing done and it looks freakin' perfect afterwards.

·
Moderator Narcissist
18,899 Posts
Here's the bike. It's the OCC Gander Mountain bike...everything camo is actually hydro dipped. :)

·
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
867 Posts
That thing is ugly
:lmao Yeah but the process of hydro imaging is friggin sweet (i know this cuz i just youtubed it:D)

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
nice, I wonder what's the pricing on that job?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts