Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
A work in progress...
13,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At this point participation has been extremely low this year and a struggle to have any competition. I will not be making any more ROTMs because most participation has gone to FB. If someone wants to take it over, feel free. It has been fun...

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Darn just when I was going to submit, haha just kidding my bikes too vanilla. But sad to see this go and see the participation dwindle as it did. Always enjoyed looking at people's work back in it's glory days. Good work keeping it going as long as you did though.

·
Ow ,NuckenFuts
1,075 Posts
Bummer, I don't use FB. It was a good thing you were doing TheJokestet3.

·
A work in progress...
13,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It sucks to see it go and the participation from here to disappear. All the attention of bikes has gone to FB, which has made it easier to show them off. I appreciate it everyone. I'll still be around, it may just need some time off and then come back like a new thing. We will see.

I am thankful for the opportunity and the people that helped me to keep it going for so long. :cheers

·
Horsepower Whisperer
617 Posts
I've heard a lot about this bookface thingy....
Does not interest me. :thumbdown

·
Dangerously Irish
9,552 Posts
What few mods I put on my bike wasn't worth posting up again didn't want to bore people. It's the end of an era.... till the new r6 drops people may come back.

·
Dangerously Irish
9,552 Posts
I'd peep dat

·
Make good choices.
2,808 Posts
It sucks to see it go and the participation from here to disappear. All the attention of bikes has gone to FB, which has made it easier to show them off. I appreciate it everyone. I'll still be around, it may just need some time off and then come back like a new thing. We will see.

I am thankful for the opportunity and the people that helped me to keep it going for so long. :cheers
I don't think the drop off in participation of this forum can be attributed completely to Facebook. No doubt FB has decreased forum use across the board, but I'm still a heavy forum user and I don't visit here as much. It really started a few years back when the forum was completely over run with spam. Myself and others were reporting multiple spam threads started by bots every single time we logged on. The nail in the coffin was when they switched to this current version of Vbulletin. It ran so slow, and it was so bogged down with ads, that the site was basically unusable. This pretty much drove away most of the knowledgeable contributors and they never came back. As an example Greg Melka hasn't logged on here since 5/4/16, Misti Hurst since 2/2/16. As a result the quality of content on this forum has definitely gone down; I still look around every couple weeks or so and it seems like most of the threads are newbs/squids asking the same questions over and over.

·
Dangerously Irish
9,552 Posts
I don't think the drop off in participation of this forum can be attributed completely to Facebook. No doubt FB has decreased forum use across the board, but I'm still a heavy forum user and I don't visit here as much. It really started a few years back when the forum was completely over run with spam. Myself and others were reporting multiple spam threads started by bots every single time we logged on. The nail in the coffin was when they switched to this current version of Vbulletin. It ran so slow, and it was so bogged down with ads, that the site was basically unusable. This pretty much drove away most of the knowledgeable contributors and they never came back. As an example Greg Melka hasn't logged on here since 5/4/16, Misti Hurst since 2/2/16. As a result the quality of content on this forum has definitely gone down; I still look around every couple weeks or so and it seems like most of the threads are newbs/squids asking the same questions over and over.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts