Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wandering, tell us your story, are you single, married, or divorced, and why?

I've been dating my girl for 7 months, gonna marry her, but she doesn't really care for the bike, though she'll let me keep it.

-Solace

·
Registered
4 Posts
... I married her cuz we wanted to have a family together. If I didn't want kids I wound have stayed single for as long as I can.

She seem not to mind the bike but she did say, she rather not have one around... Just make sure your woman is that open minded. Mine, change a bit as soon as i said "I DO". basiclly, they will try to wear the pants of the house...

·
Registered
836 Posts
Been married to my wife for 5 years on May 19th. We dated since I was 15 yo (she was 18), survived being away from each other and other various crap through college...

We both graduated from college, and a short while later, decided to get married. BEST decision of my life.

I never thought being married would be any different that just living together, but it is a HUGE difference. In a positive way. And after all these years together, she is still my best friend.

<edit> Oh, and she supports my riding whole-heartedly. She worked my pit this past weekend, and even cooked breakfast both mornings for all my scummy friends.

She wants to get a dirt-bike so she can learn how to ride... so maybe she will get into motard racing? :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
We got engaged 2 weeks after we met. Married 9 months later. Been married 11 years, and she loves motorcycles. I had to ensure this before we got married because I told her I'll have a bike the rest of my life.
She wouldn't have it any other way. She's awesome.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Been with my girl for five years since I was 18 been through alot. Actually now thinking about settling down with her but part of me tells me I am too young the other part says go ahead and do it. Both graduated school and she and I are doing the right thing. Maybe one day I will.

·
Registered
953 Posts
met her when i was like 11 lost touch around 14 met up again around 17 when i was at a frat party at the college she goes too. been together since gunna get married. she wants her own R6 :boob

·
looking for more curves
1,883 Posts
I met my wife in 3rd grade, then she moved back to Germany (dad was in the military) then she moved back in 8th grade. It took me until our senior year in HS to ask her out. (Read: I had my head in my @ss the whole time). We dated from HS all the way through college; which was 4 years of torture. She went to school at USC - University of South Carolina, and I stayed in NY. After college we got married on Aug. 9th 2003.

One of the few good decisions that I have made in my relationship life. There is just something that happens when you get married that makes your self confidence go up. Its hard to describe it.

She does not ever want to ride a bike, but she was OK with me getting one. In a bit of a twist, she now does not want me to get better gear (couldn't afford much - got textile mostly) so it is hard to convince her that I really do need the leather jacket and possibly some good boots. Just one of the ways that she still confuses me.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Currently married but getting divorced, bike had nothing to do with divorce, but dating a beautiful hispanic woman who loves to ride. :cheers

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
i met my girlfriend at cycle sport center last year in june, she was sitting there all sexy looking and sparkly and fresh. never gave me a bit of lip, thats how i knew she was the one. i talked with her for a few minutes before i took her home, she scared me at first but i grew to love her, her name is yzf r6.
:hump

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
not married, never been, no kids...just livin the "29 and single" life...been through some heavy shit in life, bad relatinships...decided that the next one will be perfect, and so far she is! Beautiful, Texas blonde! and she actaully likes me! lol

we've been together roughly 4 months, with a small "time apart" in there...but things are good, future is looking promising. And, she doesn't mind the 6, but she isn't comfortable with it yet. She will be one day :boob

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,781 Posts
OCboy03R6 said:
i met my girlfriend at cycle sport center last year in june, she was sitting there all sexy looking and sparkly and fresh. never gave me a bit of lip, thats how i knew she was the one. i talked with her for a few minutes before i took her home, she scared me at first but i grew to love her, her name is yzf r6.
Man, when I started reading your post, I thought you were speaking of a hot girl! :hammer

·
looking for more curves
1,883 Posts
Mikeeh76 said:
OCboy03R6 said:
Man, when I started reading your post, I thought you were speaking of a hot girl! :hammer
LOL, they are hard to come by, almost seem to be myths.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
been married for a year as of march 15th, 2004. been with her for 4 years. Easiest decision I've ever made in my life. Something to be said for, like Rocky said, coming home to your best friend. There isn't a whole lot abou tme she doesn't understand, nor me with her. Half the time its unspoken. You can tell by body language and just looking in each others eyes. Its pretty fuckin cool if you ask me.

As for the bike, she hated it at first but I think she is slowly getting used to it and the idea of it being around for quite sometime. but now with the son on the way, I had to go take out some life insurance just in case something should happen to me so that the house gets paid off, my boys college is paid off and she gets some spending cash as well. And the thing of it is, you feel so good that you are taking care of and providing for someone you love. Ya, its less money for the bike but hey, you gotta have priorities.

and for those of you who are interested, when we did the college calculations, avg price for tuition is 25k with 8% (on avg) increase a year. in 18 years, I'll be paying almost 100k a year for school..... :cuss

·
Registered
281 Posts
marriage is for quitters. at least you guys didn't do something permanent like get a tattoo or something. :mrgreen:

just kidding...i am divorced (i think - not sure if it final or not). i traded her in for another bike.

·
Registered
277 Posts
my wife was iffy about the bike @ first, now she wants me to get a brand new R6 so she can have mine handed down and learn to ride. We met in middle school, she turned me down. met back up in high school when she dated my best friend. we were friends for a long time and the rest is history. I would give up anything for her.

·
Registered
953 Posts
OCboy03R6 said:
that's one of the most remantic things i've ever heard.

·
Registered
267 Posts
wow, talk about serendipity. this post is exactly what i needed today. just got the "let's be friends" talk from this girl that was totally diggin' me last sunday and didn't bother returning my phone call from a couple of days ago and informed me today when my hopes where so high that we could hang out today that she is currently "kinda seeing someone" that wasn't mentioned on sunday and hopes that it works out with that person and has hit me below the belt when i am currently at possibly the lowest point in my friggin' life and i'm really in need of the stiffest drink possible and god, shit just sucks. that being said, i'm single, dicked over really bad last year by my girl of one year and then started dating another one that got a job in another city last month and changed her phone number without bothering to give me the new one and without a single explaination as to why she doesn't want to talk to me anymore. and to think just the other week i had the self-realization that i have nothing left to offer any member of the opposite sex and i'm only 24yrs old. so, i hit my peak and now must crawl into the woods and live as a hermit. perhaps i can take my R6 with me but that's a companion that can only give so much. i wonder how long it will take me to lose my mind from the loneliness??? :screwy sorry if i'm a downer in this thread but i can't even think of a way to be positive right now.

·
Registered
836 Posts
R6RoadWarrior said:
wow, talk about serendipity. this post is exactly what i needed today. just got the "let's be friends" talk from this girl that was totally diggin' me last sunday and didn't bother returning my phone call from a couple of days ago and informed me today when my hopes where so high that we could hang out today that she is currently "kinda seeing someone" that wasn't mentioned on sunday and hopes that it works out with that person and has hit me below the belt when i am currently at possibly the lowest point in my friggin' life and i'm really in need of the stiffest drink possible and god, shit just sucks. that being said, i'm single, dicked over really bad last year by my girl of one year and then started dating another one that got a job in another city last month and changed her phone number without bothering to give me the new one and without a single explaination as to why she doesn't want to talk to me anymore. and to think just the other week i had the self-realization that i have nothing left to offer any member of the opposite sex and i'm only 24yrs old. so, i hit my peak and now must crawl into the woods and live as a hermit. perhaps i can take my R6 with me but that's a companion that can only give so much. i wonder how long it will take me to lose my mind from the loneliness??? :screwy sorry if i'm a downer in this thread but i can't even think of a way to be positive right now.
Dude, never look as that shit as a downer. Think of it as a pardon from above. Do you really want to be involved long term with a girl that was screwing around behind the back of her b/f with you? You're lucky you DIDN"T end up in a LTR with her.

One of my good friends is splitting with her b/f of 4 years. They have a house together, a kid together, and a whole shit-load of debt. Her shit is so complicated, that I would NEVER want to be in her shoes.

Those ladies did you a favor by realizing you two weren't destined for the long run. A lot of people, men and women, don't have the nerve to do that and end up settling for whomever they are with. Then years down the road things are so miserable they finally admit it, after a lot of damage is done.

And don't think 24 is washed up... you may not be horny like a rabid dog as you get older (some of us still are), but women find you WAY more attractive as you add the years.

I know you probably don't want advice, so sorry for butting in. But keep your head up bro... you may be lonely in the short term, but you are FAR better off in the long run.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts