Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was looking at random stuff on youtube and happened upon this video, seems like a fun DIY.

·
Waiting for remission...
2,444 Posts
Pretty creative but that seems like it takes more work then I'm willing to do and the patience it would take would give me a stroke.

·
Styling
195 Posts
I remember seeing something like this on here in the how-to's but they used a red bull can for the R6 projector lights.

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Where can we buy that tube.

·
Styling
195 Posts
Local hardware store, i'm going to check at wallmart tonight. I think i'm doing this.

·
Styling
195 Posts
Krypton will prob. be able to tell you the exact diameter of the stock headlight. I'm pretty sure it's the size of a rebull can though.

·
Get'n Lucky -n- Kentucky
800 Posts
Actually made some of these but the rod i used wouldn't allow the led to shine all the way through them for some reason i used everything that guy used but you wouldn't believe how hard it is to find a curtain rod such as that at my local stores

·
Go Ahead
2,705 Posts
Actually made some of these but the rod i used wouldn't allow the led to shine all the way through them for some reason i used everything that guy used but you wouldn't believe how hard it is to find a curtain rod such as that at my local stores
Could have been the quality of the LED you had and the length of the tube you were using.

It's def a cool mod if they already dont make a CCFL halo in your size.

-Ant.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts