Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Are 2000 r6s still a big target for thieves? I imagine those low-lives wanna make the most money possible by stealing the newer bikes. Anyone hear of my model year bike still getting stolen?

The reason I ask is because I'm debating on whether I should get full coverage. I live in Cali (SD) and a friend of mine got his 05 600rr stolen recently so I've been considering getting full coverage. Does anyone know how much full coverage is in Cali for a 24 y.o. with a clear record? If it turns out to be 3k a year it's definitely not worth it imo. Lemme know what you guys think!

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
From what i hear State Farm has a good ass price for full coverage....especially for you with a clean record. When do you turn 25? Thats when you'll take the biggest drop in rates. Any bike can be stolen if its easy to get to...Because you live in Cali, im guessin theres a ton of people around and with your buddys bike gettin jacked i'd go with full coverage, especially if you live in a place where the theft rate is high.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I'd go with full coverage regardless of what year you have. If they get an open opportunity, I don't think they care what year the bike is. :D

·
2B R <> 2B
3,703 Posts
I 2nd the vote for full coverage.

Also please dont say you live in some apartments because it will be stolen in months times... Good Luck

·
Registered
187 Posts
yea i live in an apartment... worry about my bike every night. I park it on the side walk by my steps, chain it up with a obnoxiously large logging chain and set the alarm. So far so good, but like i said if they want it... their gonna take it. All we can do is discourage them

·
2B R <> 2B
3,703 Posts
yea i live in an apartment... worry about my bike every night. I park it on the side walk by my steps, chain it up with a obnoxiously large logging chain and set the alarm. So far so good, but like i said if they want it... their gonna take it. All we can do is discourage them
Put the bike inside your apartment with you... :sing

·
Registered
187 Posts
trust me i would... but i live on the second floor, and im not about to bust out some evil Knievel crap every night i park it. The dirt bag thieves have already gotten one out of my apartment complex

·
Registered
60 Posts
i live in some apartments, a few months ago ****ers got my ecu and took the seat too! assholes. I'm hoping they got deturred from taking the whole thing by the huge bully chain i got going through the front wheel. Get insurance man.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts